Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Main Reason for disappointing season - Mike Tomlin

Backup

User Info Menu

Not to mention that points allowed doesn't take into account field position. The offense turned the ball over and special teams was not a big help this year...

Let's face it, we had a pretty damn good defense this year all things considered. Sure we could certainly use more QB pressure, sacks and turn-overs. It would have provided our inconsisten offense more chances to score....I get that.

But why is it that the defense always has to help the offense? Why can't the Steeler offense help the defense at times? The offense NEEDS to get better....

Legend

User Info Menu

It would be one thing if Tomlin never coached to a winning Superbowl season. It's a completely different thing if he has.

BTW, heard a interesting comment from a coach today: "It is much easier to lose a game because of a bad play, than it is to win one with a big one". In otherwords, soundness in fundamentals is key to consistent winning.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    No, being a cook and a professional athlete are two different things....

I think a football player looks (or should look) at their responsibility like a teacher...you are under contract with an organization...you work with a team, but are responsible for your duties...there is a manager and evaluator who observes and offers input, but no one is there holding your hand throughout the day...you are judged by your results...I don't need anyone to come up with my motivation...I love my job and I am lucky to have the opportunity to do it...
    Ugh.... I think the teacher analogy is worse than the restaurant analogy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Ugh.... I think the teacher analogy is worse than the restaurant analogy.
    If you say so...