Thread: Favorite Tomlinism

Legend

User Info Menu

Favorite Tomlinism

What's your favorite Mikey T saying?

Here's one I liked. While it was referring to Josh Cribbs, I think he could resurrect this one as it's applicable to this past season.

"We've been dead Indians in his Cowboy movie enough"

This quote came in 2011. Special teams replayed this role several times during the course of the 2012 season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I like this one:

"I coach by my gut."

It is especially enlightening considering his gut grew by about 20 lbs this season.

Legend

User Info Menu

I lost some enthusiasm with Tomlin this season. I'm finding it hard to come up with a favorite Tomlinism in the face of an 8-8 season. He's had some good/funny phrases for sure. But he also gets annoying with all his cliche's and coach-speak.

It's a "what have you done for me lately" game and right now, we're still licking the wounds.

Legend

User Info Menu

"It's an incomplete body of work."
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

We are going to defend every blade of grass. And we are going to unleash hell........ sorry but someone had to say it

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

"I think the people that know and compete in this league understand that there is a fine line between drinking wine and squashing grapes. Obviously, this season we were grape-squashers."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's a progress.

I like what he said after his first loss as a Steeler coach.

Reporter: Coach Tomlin, What do you think about your first loss as the Steelers head coach ?

Tomlin: I knew eventually we would lose a game.