Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
Lets put it this way, by some miracle like last seasons draft Warmack is there for us, I would take him in a heartbeat. Sure we have pressing needs at other positions but, he like Pouncey would start day one. Imagine if that were to occur, we would possibly have 3 Pro-Bowl players on that line with Pouncey,DeCastro, and Warmack.
I doubt he's there when we pick but you never know, solidifying our O-line would go a long way in improving other aspects of this offense.
You cannot tie up so much investment (i.e. first round money) on one particular area of your team. To answer the question though, you probably would have to know who we will draft this year. For me, I already prefer the DeCastro side, even though his rookie season was a wash. (It's disconcerting that he started his year hurt, and ended his year hurt.)

But, I think the real question should be, do you prefer Hightower/Warmack? Or:

-Decastro/Te'o
-Decastro/Johnathan Jenkins
-Decastro/Ogletree
-etc.

As I said, I think Decastro was an absolute steal at 24, and from a pure value perspective, much better than taking Warmack at 17 (i.e. around where he should get drafted) and have taken Hightower at 24 last year (i.e. around where he was valued).

We got a bargain last year IMO. If we can again, get a good bargain, that's the plan.