Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: RuthlessBurgher's initial way-too-early New Year's Day trade down mock draft scenario

Legend

User Info Menu

My previous projection for a trade with San Fran was our mid first for their late first, late second, and late fourth.

However, now it looks like they will be the proud owners of K.C.'s 34th overall pick in early round 2 as a result of the pending Alex Smith trade. If they wanted to move up to our pick in the mid first, instead of giving up those three picks above, might they prefer to give up their late first and K.C.'s early second in exchange for our mid first and our mid third?

1.17 = 950
    3.79 = 195
    Total = 1145

1.31 = 600
    2.34 = 560
    Total = 1160

We could do a lot with 3 picks in the top 50 (SF's late 1st rounder, KC's early 2nd rounder, and our mid 2nd rounder).

If we wanted to go defense-heavy with these picks, we could draft the heir apparent to Larry Foote, James Harrison, and Troy Polamalu with ILB Kevin Minter, OLB Alex Okafor, and S Eric Reid (possibly the type of thing Dee Dub might like)

If we wanted to provide Ben with some new weapons to play with on offense (with Heath on the shelf and Wallace/Mendenhall elsewhere), we could go with TE Tyler Eifert, WR DeAndre Hopkins, and RB Giovani Bernard (possibly the type of thing Oviedo might like).

Or maybe they just throw us all off by not taking the positions most of us are projecting, with something like CB Johnthan Banks, NT Jesse Williams, and OT Menelik Watson (possibly the type of thing Chadman might like).

What do you folks think about the possibilities that such a trade might provide?
    Last edited by RuthlessBurgher; 02-28-2013 at 02:44 PM.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    My previous projection for a trade with San Fran was our mid first for their late first, late second, and late fourth.

However, now it looks like they will be the proud owners of K.C.'s 34th overall pick in early round 2 as a result of the pending Alex Smith trade. If they wanted to move up to our pick in the mid first, instead of giving up those three picks above, might they prefer to give up their late first and K.C.'s early second in exchange for our mid first and our mid third?

1.17 = 950
    3.79 = 195
    Total = 1145

1.31 = 600
    2.34 = 560
    Total = 1160

We could do a lot with 3 picks in the top 50 (SF's late 1st rounder, KC's early 2nd rounder, and our mid 2nd rounder).

If we wanted to go defense-heavy with these picks, we could draft the heir apparent to Larry Foote, James Harrison, and Troy Polamalu with ILB Kevin Minter, OLB Alex Okafor, and S Eric Reid (possibly the type of thing Dee Dub might like)

If we wanted to provide Ben with some new weapons to play with on offense (with Heath on the shelf and Wallace/Mendenhall elsewhere), we could go with TE Tyler Eifert, WR DeAndre Hopkins, and RB Giovani Bernard (possibly the type of thing Oviedo might like).

Or maybe they just throw us all off by not taking the positions most of us are projecting, with something like CB Johnthan Banks, NT Jesse Williams, and OT Menelik Watson (possibly the type of thing Chadman might like).

What do you folks think about the possibilities that such a trade might provide?
    Ruthless--you do come up with the dream scenarios every year. Now you need to make sure it happens because I would love it!

And yes, Eifert, Hopkins and Bernard would make Oviedo a very happy fan. It would also make our offense deadly.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by dee dub View Post
    if this netted the steelers the following players or similar to it, i'd be very pleased.

2.10---deandre hopkins wr
    2.16---kevin minter ilb
    2.27---t.j mcdonald ss
    3.15---bacarri rambo fs
    3.18---khaled holmes c/kyle long ot/sean porter olb
    4.16---joseph fauria te
    yes please!
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ruthless--you do come up with the dream scenarios every year. Now you need to make sure it happens because I would love it!

And yes, Eifert, Hopkins and Bernard would make Oviedo a very happy fan. It would also make our offense deadly.
    After writing this, I thought for a second...oh no...Ovie probably will hate that, because I didn't take an o-lineman with any of those 3 top-50 picks, and Ben would probably get killed if we didn't do anything to improve our OL during the first 2 days of the draft. But I'm glad that you actually liked it nonetheless.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

We should compare our own mocks to the so called experts out there. I like most of the mocks picked by you guys better than what I read in some articles.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    After writing this, I thought for a second...oh no...Ovie probably will hate that, because I didn't take an o-lineman with any of those 3 top-50 picks, and Ben would probably get killed if we didn't do anything to improve our OL during the first 2 days of the draft. But I'm glad that you actually liked it nonetheless.
    Well, I just assumed our next pick would be an offensive lineman
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"