Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Kernan L says the Steelers made...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

That's pretty rad. Hope he is back!
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

[url]http://sulia.com/channel/pittsburgh-steelers/f/9462f59c-c163-434d-af72-e538524ef423/[/url]

Will Keenan Lewis Be In A #Steelers Uniform Next Season? He'd Like To Think So.

One of the most important unrestricted free agents of the Steelers was involved in a bit of controversy Tuesday.

Keenan Lewis took to the social media airwaves to clear up his future intentions with the team.

He posted this to his personal Twitter (@KeenanLewis23) account: "I just want to clear this up: I never said anything about @steelers making a mistake by not signing me last season. I love the Rooneys, Organization & fans. I only stayed that my agent will handle the contract talks."

He said further: “I was misquoted by a reporter saying it was a mistake not to give me a contract last year. Try to make my image look bad, but here Wat it is, I'm not money greedy, I had my exit meeting today and it went great. I know we in the right direction as far as a contract, I believe strongly I would be apart of Steeler Nation next season. To do a three peat as the number one pass defense period. Here we go."

The reporter in question Alan Robinson of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review and Trib Total Media. He had reported that “Keenan Lewis plans to test free agency. He told #Steelers "they made a mistake" by not offering multi-year deal before 2012 season.”

It's a good sign that Lewis is looking at it positively, because the Steelers will need him. He ended his season with 71 tackles, 23 pass defenses and a forced fumble.

As Dale Lolley of the Observer-Reporter of Washington (Pa.) tweeted from his Twitter (@dlolleyor) account: "I'll be shocked if the #Steelers don't make a serious play to keep Keenan Lewis. Played outstanding this year and is perfect fit for scheme."

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

For comparisons sake, what level CB & what type of contract would be fair in today's NFL?
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    For comparisons sake, what level CB & what type of contract would be fair in today's NFL?
    I read somewhere that Keenan Lewis would command about an $8 million/year contract.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Starter

User Info Menu

Just cant win. Remember all those years with Tim Mccyer (sp), Willie Williams, Washington, etc. We had Bookends that would harass the QB all day. Now, our Pass defense is awesome and we struggle to get to the QB.
    Wonder if there is a Carnell Lake factor going on or have we become that good in grabbing the player with the right tools in the draft?

Lewis and Allen looked great overall. I still wonder what Green would have done had Ike been healthy but then again Green is elite and I would definately trade him straight up for Wallace.

I know I am being overly critical and this defense could play against anyone this year but I am just saying.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't worry about the cap. When you go 8-8 sitting on vets, the ugly business side of the game shows up. Timmons, Woodley, & BB will restructure. Miller is a perfect canidate for a restructure/extend to lower his 2013 8 mil hit. If need be, You make a decision on Troy to hold on to your young players. The decision is you convert some of 2013 to bonus to lower his 10 mil hit in 2013. Cut him & Taylor in 2014 and eat the dead money. Harrison and possibly Keisel will be cut this year. Mendy will test the market if he doesn't like what the Steelers show him. Guys like Hampton, Foote, Pope, Starks, Batch, & Lefty will be on the street and hoping the Steelers will give them a call after it is all sorted out. It isn't a question of "IF" the housecleaning is coming next year & 2014. The question is how competitive will the Steelers be through it. Just don't but any vet jerseys over the next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    According to Wexell:

James C Wexell@jimwexellOn Keenan Lewis, good source says he'll take 5 yrs $35 million to get a deal done. It's reasonable.
    That does seem pretty reasonable. He led the league in pass breakups, but did not create a lot of turnovers and does not have a long track record. He's also a great fit for the Steelers system and may be more valuable in Pittsburgh than he would be elsewhere.

I hope that he is retained so that the secondary, a weakness for so many years, will continue to be a strength.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    Just cant win. Remember all those years with Tim Mccyer (sp), Willie Williams, Washington, etc. We had Bookends that would harass the QB all day. Now, our Pass defense is awesome and we struggle to get to the QB.
    Wonder if there is a Carnell Lake factor going on or have we become that good in grabbing the player with the right tools in the draft?

Lewis and Allen looked great overall. I still wonder what Green would have done had Ike been healthy but then again Green is elite and I would definately trade him straight up for Wallace.

I know I am being overly critical and this defense could play against anyone this year but I am just saying.
    We went to a SuperBowl with Willie Williams. He was pretty good but didn't get respect b/c of his size (ala Deshea Townshend)
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You lock up Lewis. Franchise or Transition tag him & get him to agree to principle March 9. Then work on Wallace.

Administrator

User Info Menu

My only concern with Lewis is that he's only proven himself for 1 year as a starting CB. With that being said, the FO has had a strong track record on deciding whether to sign a player or let them walk.

IMO, I think Lewis and Cortez Allen will be the #1 and #2 CBs on this team for years to come.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.