Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgia Bulldogs and possible Steelers draft picks on display

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Georgia Bulldogs and possible Steelers draft picks on display

Georgia in my opinion is the best defense in all of college. They are loaded with NFL players to be. They run a 3-4 defense.

Jarvis Jones is a flat out beast. Top 5 pick. Best pass rusher in college not named Jadeveon Clowney. Alec Olgeree ILB is a sideline to sideline great pursuit player. And in my opinion the best pure free safety in college is Bacarri Rambo. NT John Jenkins maybe the second or third best NT in college. Shawn Williams SS is a mid round pick who is not very good in coverage but he is an inside the box coming forward SS who can thump. Kwame Geathers DT is pretty solid too. I love watching this defense. 3-4 and talent all over the place.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Yea, so far an avg Nebraska team has put 31 points on them.....
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Yea, so far an avg Nebraska team has put 31 points on them.....
    Dont buy into that. This is the first time all year Georgia faced a run-spread offense. With Georgia being a 3-4 zone blitz they were at times unprepared and out of alignment versus this offense. The Bulldogs have several NFL players on that defense. Jesse Palmer said this Georgia defense is as close to an NFL defense as you will find and he is right.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ogletree stood out. Didn't see much from Jenkins or Rambo but I was switching between games.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Saw a prospect from South Carolina today I liked:

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    Saw a prospect from South Carolina today I liked:

Yeah pencil him in as the number 1 overall pick next year and maybe even the Heisman Trophy winner. He is the fastest defensive player I have ever seen coming out of a 3-point stance. This acceleration on this play is jaw dropping. And he has an incredible swim move that is so quick.

Administrator

User Info Menu

That play was incredible.

He even recovered the fumble.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Ogletree stood out. Didn't see much from Jenkins or Rambo but I was switching between games.
    Ogletree finished with 13 tackles, 3 TFL's, 1 FF, 1 FR, 1 Sack, and two QB hurries. This is all from the ILB position. Very impressive. He could play with the Steelers. Even though I dont think he is the more ideal fit next to Timmons as Minter is, but because of Ogletree's speed he could bring a new dimension inside. He and Timmons could be like the fasted inside LB combo's in the league.

Jarvis Jones had a great game too. He was putting pressure on all game. 8 tackles, 2 TFL's, 2 Sacks, and showed some ability to drop in coverage. Best defensive player in this draft.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Thats because Jenkins didn't play in the game.

Backup

User Info Menu

Lots of talk about all of the Georgia players, but I was intrigued by DE Eric Martin from Nebraska. What's the scoop on this guy?

Looked him up on-line, listed at 6'-0" & 250 lbs, runs a 4.7 40. Had a good pass rush all day today. He dropped into coverage a couple of times during zone blitzes, overall I thought he looked pretty athletic & was playing with a lot of emotion. He reminds me physically of #92 - short, quick, & powerful.

Pete
    It's not what you do, it's how you do it.