Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ben is not well like by coaches.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben is not well like by coaches.....

And player's around the league? Why else would Schaub and Luck be before him in the Pro Bowl when clearly Ben numbers are better even with the injury. Another thing is the Super Bowl win against the Cards, 99% of the Qbs in the league would win Mvp of that Super Bowl. So that bring me to the question will Ben be in th the hall of fame when his career end or only the Steeles fans think of him as being great.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't know about who likes or dislikes whomever but, Bens body of work will put him in the HOF. Do you guys think anyone liked Al Davis ? What about Bellicheat, he's been crappy to reporters, a cheater , crappy to the refs and so on but, he will be in the HOF someday. Guys like Michael Irving was always in trouble and he made it in. I thought it was a horrible selction but just the same, they look at their accomplishments.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ben didn't make it because our offense collapsed the second half of the season. Fans saw luck and what he's done with a terrible team and that's why he got in.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Your RANTS aren't well liked by other Posters.
    This moron needs a job in the national media where speculation and rumor rules the land

This guy has blocked me, can someone please tell him i said that?? hehe
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And player's around the league? Why else would Schaub and Luck be before him in the Pro Bowl when clearly Ben numbers are better even with the injury. Another thing is the Super Bowl win against the Cards, 99% of the Qbs in the league would win Mvp of that Super Bowl. So that bring me to the question will Ben be in th the hall of fame when his career end or only the Steeles fans think of him as being great.
    If your correct about the numbers that does raise an interesting question. If it is a popularity contest then why isn't Ben popular?

I was going to hazard a guess but changed my mind. First of all, I don't watch those games anyway and could care less about who is in them although it does not seem fair that the better and more productive player is not voted in.

I ran across this article which sheds some light on how the players are picked.

Pro Bowl politics can leave worthy players feeling left out

• By Akbar Gbajabiamila
    • Analyst, NFL.com and NFL Network
    • Published: Dec. 28, 2012 at 02:36 p.m.

it is too long to post but here is the link

[url]http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000118239/article/pro-bowl-politics-can-leave-worthy-players-feeling-left-out[/url]

Not sure the link is live but it is pasted okay. Interesting article.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Pro Bowl is a sham, about which I could not care less. I care infinitely more about the more important measure of winning games, at which Ben is one of the best.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    And player's around the league? Why else would Schaub and Luck be before him in the Pro Bowl when clearly Ben numbers are better even with the injury.
    Not sure this had anything to do with disliking Ben. Schaub has been consistently good, and Luck was undeniably more clutch than Ben.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10
    Another thing is the Super Bowl win against the Cards, 99% of the Qbs in the league would win Mvp of that Super Bowl. So that bring me to the question will Ben be in the the hall of fame when his career end or only the Steelers fans think of him as being great.
    I thought Ben should have been MVP of that game, but as far as not getting it because he was disliked, well, I doubt it, because the player voted MVP in that game is a more dislikeable character.

Something more interesting to me than the examples you've brought up: the team MVP, voted on by the Steelers' players. Who got it this season? Makes me wonder if there aren't some issues between Ben and his teammates.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Something more interesting to me than the examples you've brought up: the team MVP, voted on by the Steelers' players. Who got it this season? Makes me wonder if there aren't some issues between Ben and his teammates.
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Heath was having a fantastic season and has largely been overlooked by the larger sports media during his career. Ben had missed significant playing time as well. It seems to me that they just wanted to recognize Heath for what he means to the team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good point about the team Mvp, and I think he has only won that once however I disagree about Holmes he had bad tweets after the SB but there were never reports like the ones about Ben walking out on tabs having a golfer mention that he will never invite him to a charity tournament etc. What Holmes did was more about character than it was being disliked.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

I live in Fran Tarkenton's hometown, and I used to work for the local radio conglomerate which includes a sports talk statio. One of the guys from the morning show told me that Tarkenton has a reputation around town as "a bit of an *******." Maybe likability is overrated because Tarkenton was a great QB nonetheless.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/PGH061Asmall.jpg
    Pittsburgh, PA: City of Champions.