Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: For All the Whiners & Doomsday Posters Out There

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What talent?? Most were on the bench hurt or just getting into a grove around the 14 week. Other talent was in a coaches dog house. Another talent was just running around the field making sure he did not hurt himself and do just enough to get big $$$$ elsewere.

Who I see as Talent on this team:
    Ben, Troy, Debo, Woodley, Ike, Wallace, Mendy, Decastro, Pouncey. All these guys had major problems this season at some point. Other talent that played well for the most part but had there own bad games, Brown, Timmons, Starks, Clark, Hamp, others ETC. You can only win with talent when that talent plays in the game.

Just don't see a TEAM or Coaches giving up anywere. That would be disgusting. This is just a bad year overall. But I don't expect a SB every year. Don't expect the playoffs either every year. Some of you guys are spoiled rotten!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Wins are not "stats". They are results. The Steelers are also one of two teams to win multiple Super Bowls since 2004.

Being disappointed is okay. We're all disappointed. Having high expectations is okay. We all have high expectations.

But, there is no excuse for behaving like a spoiled, petulant child who didn't get their way. I see and hear quite enough of that from Browns fans, thank you very much....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Wins are not "stats". They are results. The Steelers are also one of two teams to win multiple Super Bowls since 2004.

Being disappointed is okay. We're all disappointed. Having high expectations is okay. We all have high expectations.

But, there is no excuse for behaving like a spoiled, petulant child who didn't get their way. I see and hear quite enough of that from Browns fans, thank you very much....
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    I live amongst BILLS fans who ENVY us.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Since 2004, the Steelers and the Patriots are the ONLY two teams who have won at least 8 games EVERY season.
    I wonder how many went from 6-3 to 7-8?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I wonder how many went from 6-3 to 7-8?
    LloydDroid?? what do you do for a living??
    Do you hold yourself to as high of a standard as you hold the Steelers Organization when it comes to being an employee???

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was one who saw early on in the season that this wasn't a very good football team. I had posted a thread back in late September/early October called "The Window is Closed" in which I stated I felt it was closed however I also felt that window could be re-opened very quickly if the right moves were made. The fact that this team lost 5 games by 3 points or less shows they really aren't that far off. But some changes need to be made.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    LloydDroid?? what do you do for a living??
    Do you hold yourself to as high of a standard as you hold the Steelers Organization when it comes to being an employee???
    Sid, he does not want to give any credence to the fact that the Steelers franchise QB was injured after they were 6-3, and he does this because he hates Ben and he believes that Ben is not a very good QB. Dont waste your time on him. This is all an agenda for him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Sid, he does not want to give any credence to the fact that the Steelers franchise QB was injured after they were 6-3, and he does this because he hates Ben and he believes that Ben is not a very good QB. Dont waste your time on him. This is all an agenda for him.
    Haters will always Hate. You're right!

Starter

User Info Menu

The problem with this team is complacency. I would have a lot less problem with an 8-8 record if we didn't play sloppy football each week. That is the problem. We win sloppy and we lose sloppy because this team cannot consistently play to its potential. I don't think it is spoiled or petulant to point that out as the fundamental problem with this team. Injuries or not, this team (as a whole) lacks focus and heart.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I don't understand the disgust? RT's fall like flies,7th rd rookie playing RT, No 1st rd guard, O-line players playing out of position, OB hurt for 3 freaking games, WR's not trying an dropping balls, overweight "star" player hurt 90% of the time, RB problems overall, 4 "old" impact players coming off knee or other health issues, The #1 corner goes down, #2  corners miss time, QB still hurt or hurting after missing 3 games.

I am glad to be 8-8. There are still games we could have won EVEN WITH all the problems. But damn come on the other teams play also.
    None of what say changes the fact that we lost to 4 teams that we should have beat with ease. Well, if not ease, (since this is the NFL) we should have beat them, period. Does every team sans the 1972 Fins have a loss like that each year? Yes. One, or two, wouldn't be a big deal; four is. That is not acceptable. And it main blame lies at the head coach, and Bone Head Ben - had Ben not played so loosey goosey, we'd be playing this week, period. Two game-losing pics that he simply didn't need to throw; he wasn't forced into them; the defenders didn't make a miraculous play. Ben just screwed up royally.