Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There is going to be a really good WR available in round two.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

There is going to be a really good WR available in round two.

Keenan Allen
    Terrance Williams
    Justin Hunter
    Robert Woods
    DeAndre Hopkins
    Cordarelle Patterson
    DaRick Rogers
    Quinton Patton
    Stedman Bailey
    Marcus Wheaton
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd take Tevon Austin over Bailey Dee Dub.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post
    I'd take Tevon Austin over Bailey Dee Dub.
    Yeah but I think Austin's lack of size and the fact that Bailey scored 25 TD's....that's just unreal. And I know Bailey isnt that much bigger but again...25 TD's. I dont want either one of them though. I want one of the bigger WR's...Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods, etc. That too me would be a better compliment to what the Steelers currently have.

There is a good chance Austin goes in the second round as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Yeah but I think Austin's lack of size and the fact that Bailey scored 25 TD's....that's just unreal. And I know Bailey isnt that much bigger but again...25 TD's. I dont want either one of them though. I want one of the bigger WR's...Terrance Williams, DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods, etc. That too me would be a better compliment to what the Steelers currently have.

There is a good chance Austin goes in the second round as well.
    Wasn't there a WR from Louisiana Tech who scored like 27 TDs or something one year?

Legend

User Info Menu

I think Austin scored like 7 TDs in the Orange Bowl against Clemson last year, or maybe 6, I can't remember exactly. Anyways, yeah, we need a big target for sure. Austin would make a better version of what they wanted out of Rainey this past season, he's faster and has incredible balance and vision.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Wasn't there a WR from Louisiana Tech who scored like 27 TDs or something one year?
    Yes indeed. And he actually had a decent rookie year with 61 receptions. But Pittsburgh (fans), expected more out of him (being a first round pick-13th overall), and made their displeasure known quit often.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't know if the Steelers would pick a WR that early in the draft under the circumstances we have. A bigger need might be a TE, we don't know how long it will take for Miller to recover and he's getting up there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I don't know if the Steelers would pick a WR that early in the draft under the circumstances we have. A bigger need might be a TE, we don't know how long it will take for Miller to recover and he's getting up there.
    TE will be a bigger need earlier in the draft.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    A lot depends on what happens with Wallace. If he returns, then WR is not a huge need. If he does not return, WR becomes a major need.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    A lot depends on what happens with Wallace. If he returns, then WR is not a huge need. If he does not return, WR becomes a major need.
    Wallace returning isn't a topic we need to spend more than one sentence on because it won't happen. It will be much more meaningful to discuss who joins Brown, Sanders, Cotchery and Burress. I think they try to keep Burress and get him at a vet minimum salary. Although not a fan he did perform in limited opportunities.

Personally, I would be looking at adding a TE near the top of our draft. We have seen that with Haley this position is a real weapon.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"