Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Talk about Improvement

1. Colts went from 2-14 last season to 11-5.......Playoffs 2012 / WC

2. Vikes went from 3-13 to 10-6 playoffs 2012 /WC

3. Skins went from 5-11 to 10-6 Division winner

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yep. Good for them. Now, every owner wants those results....

Legend

User Info Menu

Then we should win the Super Bowl next year

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Our offense averaged 21 points a game this season an improvenment of 1 point over last season.

Our defense only gave up an average of 14 points a game last season while this year 19.

In comparison the Patriots averaged almost 35 points a game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    Our offense averaged 21 points a game this season an improvenment of 1 point over last season.

Our defense only gave up an average of 14 points a game last season while this year 19.

In comparison the Patriots averaged almost 35 points a game
    This is what bothers me and has for a while....there is no reason with the skill players we have that we can never put a team away or beat he crap out o a scrub team. Part of that is the players, part gameplan and play calling, and part organizational philosophy.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-31-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This is what bothers me and has for a while....there is no reason with the skill players we have that we can never put a team away or beat he crap out o a scrub team. Part of that is the players, part gameplan and play calling, and part organizational philosophy.
    Historically, the Steelers relied on a great defense and run game, they were never known to be an explosive offense. The only year I remember them being real good on the offensive side of the ball was 1979 when they scored 416 points that year, an averge of 26 a game.
    The Steelers get a lead on a team and seem to get conservative, instead of going for the knockout!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

moral of the story...

draft a new quarterback and find a 2000 yard rusher. Simple. Consider it done.