Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemson vs LSU tonight..a lot of possible Steeler picks on display

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Clemson vs LSU tonight..a lot of possible Steeler picks on display

Kevin Minter ILB LSU, love this guy. 3 down back who is a thumper coming forward and can cover as well. Steelers may be interested in Clemson WR DeAndre Hopkins as a possible Mike Wallace replacement (2 round if he declares).

Kevin Minter, Eric Reid, Barkevious Mingo, Sam Montgomery, Bennie Logan all on display tonight.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wow!! DeAndre Hopkins is looking NFL ready.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

And ILB Kevin Minter is just flat out doing what he does. Already with 12 tackles (before), half time. He never comes off the field. He is going to be a great pro.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

On a related note, I'd be happy if we were to grab the Honey Badger at some point in the draft. Probably not going to happen, but he makes plays (i.e. turnovers)... something this defense SORELY needs.

Backup

User Info Menu

Who is the color commentator?
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I wouldn't touch that pile of crap for any reason. Matthieu is an imbecile.
    Minter looks like an absolute stud.
    what a game

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Didn't get to watch the game....all i know is if I'm drafting a guy in the 1st round I would be looking at a guy who dominated in a big time bowl game.

Workout warriors, "projects", "raw" prospects can all wait for day 2 in the draft.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    I wouldn't touch that pile of crap for any reason. Matthieu is an imbecile.
    Minter looks like an absolute stud.
    what a game

Minter was amazingly good. Would be great but not in Round 1. We could draft him and then wait to see him start in 2014 or 2015.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Minter looked like an NFL ready linebacker and I think he would be a great compliment to Timmons. Hopkins looked NFL ready also and I'd love to see someone with those ball skills playing for the Steelers. Another candidate was Montgomery the defensive end for LSU not sure he would translate to an outside linebacker in our scheme. Eric Reid was aggressive but didn't do well in pass defense vs. Hopkins.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Minter was amazingly good. Would be great but not in Round 1. We could draft him and then wait to see him start in 2014 or 2015.
    IMO the only position on D that a rookie would have any chance at starting would be nose. Even Teo wouldn't start. Doesn't Foote make all the calls? I don't see anyone being able to come in and run the defense right away. I don't think minter will be there in round 2. I don't like trading back, but this is one of those rare times that I would.