Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clemson vs LSU tonight..a lot of possible Steeler picks on display

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Minter was amazingly good. Would be great but not in Round 1. We could draft him and then wait to see him start in 2014 or 2015.
    Right on Minter. See my signature.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Lebsteel View Post
    Minter looked like an NFL ready linebacker and I think he would be a great compliment to Timmons. Hopkins looked NFL ready also and I'd love to see someone with those ball skills playing for the Steelers. Another candidate was Montgomery the defensive end for LSU not sure he would translate to an outside linebacker in our scheme. Eric Reid was aggressive but didn't do well in pass defense vs. Hopkins.
    I have been saying this all year. Yes I want a cookie. Minter next to Timmons would be a great combination. I've questioned Reid's coverage skills and have said for a while he is better suited playing at SS than FS. And as for Montgomery, I would prefer him way over Barkevious Mingo. He is more polished as a pass rusher.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    IMO the only position on D that a rookie would have any chance at starting would be nose. Even Teo wouldn't start. Doesn't Foote make all the calls? I don't see anyone being able to come in and run the defense right away. I don't think minter will be there in round 2. I don't like trading back, but this is one of those rare times that I would.
    I agree about the NT thing but I do believe that Te"o and Minter (and maybe even Olgetree who plays in a 3-4), could start year one. They are both leaders and signal callers for their perspective teams. Yes there would be some adjustments and some growing pains but both would make enough plays to compensate for that. It's a matter of trust. And this team coming off an 8-8 needs to start trusting in young, talented defensive players. The Steelers have enough veterans around them to make it happen. And for goodness-sakes, they have one of the greatest D-coordinators the game has ever seen.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did Mingo do anything. A lot of forecasts of the draft have us going with him in the first round, but will he drop to 17? I don't think so, but we have to see until after the combine to know.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    It's a matter of trust. And this team coming off an 8-8 needs to start trusting in young, talented defensive players. The Steelers have enough veterans around them to make it happen. And for goodness-sakes, they have one of the greatest D-coordinators the game has ever seen.
    It is the "greatest D-coordinator the game has ever seen" who is the source of the problem in "trusting in young, talented defensive players. As long as the former is in place the latter will not occur.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone catch Jadeneon Clowney's hit today?

​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

The guy is a beast. Almost worth having the leagues worst record next year to draft him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Jooser View Post

I like Clowney better than just about everyone in this year's draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Did Mingo do anything. A lot of forecasts of the draft have us going with him in the first round, but will he drop to 17? I don't think so, but we have to see until after the combine to know.
    He made a couple of big plays early then faded as he has done most of this year. He did get hurt and didn't play much of the second half. Too me his teammate Sam Montgomery is the better of the two picks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I like Clowney better than just about everyone in this year's draft.
    He is a monster of a player and more than likely the number 1 overall pick next year. He has to stay at DE in a 4-3 in my opinion. Would best utilize his pass rushing skills. He is so quick coming out of his stance.