Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you believe in rumors....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If you believe in rumors....

.....Harrison and Starks are done as Steelers. I want changes, but those seem like two of the worst losses we could have, all things considered. If they are willing to dump Harrison, then Polamalu should go as well. It's not like the D was hurting after they learned to play without him - it was still #1 without him playing. And they did it for most of the season.

I would hate to see how bad the O line plays sans Starks. They would be just awful. Ben would get knocked out for the season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison will be 35 years old and is on the injury downside of his career. Not so sure that is going to be in the "worse loss" category. Polamalu will be 32 next year. It would be foolish to let him go.

I agree on Starks. He has developed into a descent LT.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Harrison really turned it on down the stretch, getting back to being a nearly sack-a-game player. He's got a VERY large cap number, but I think he still has at least another year left in him if it is financially sound to keep him around.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Steelers defense struggled early in the year. Not coincidentally, James Harrison did not play the first four games this year.

Harrison is on the downside of his career but still played well. His cap number is an issue, and hopefully he takes a pay cut, but it will be a big loss if he does not return.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Harrison plays the run well. He does not cover well. Nor is he as feared as a pass rusher. The Steelers can't pay a guy that much to stuff the run....I am a huge Harrison fan. If he can regain his pass-rushing form, I can agree with paying him lots of money. Can he?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Harrison plays the run well. He does not cover well. Nor is he as feared as a pass rusher. The Steelers can't pay a guy that much to stuff the run....I am a huge Harrison fan. If he can regain his pass-rushing form, I can agree with paying him lots of money. Can he?
    I actually think he can AND if he can't he'll retire. IMO

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    .....Harrison and Starks are done as Steelers. I want changes, but those seem like two of the worst losses we could have, all things considered. If they are willing to dump Harrison, then Polamalu should go as well. It's not like the D was hurting after they learned to play without him - it was still #1 without him playing. And they did it for most of the season.

I would hate to see how bad the O line plays sans Starks. They would be just awful. Ben would get knocked out for the season.
    Could not agree more on both guys LD.
    I almost feel like the layoff did JH some good and he was getting better as the season progressed. Hee would have had a scary good playoff.

And why Max gets no love I will never understand.
    I dont want either on the youngsters starting on the left side.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If Max Leaves, the Steelers better stock up on QB's or Health Miller might end up playing QB in a pinch.

Legend

User Info Menu

Luckily I don't believe in rumors.

Seriously though, I can see the Steelers cutting ties with Harrison. His age, slight decline in play and salary might force the Steelers hand...I'd hate to see it though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Gilbert is on crutches and in a boot, as the surgery revealed a congenital problem that needs to be corrected in the other foot as well in a couple years.

Max keeps leaving the Steelers every year it seems, but in the end he comes back to save Ben's Back. A must sign IMO.