Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: If you believe in rumors....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Not so sure about that. He was coming off injuries each of the past two seasons leaving questions. He enters this offseason coming off a very good and injury free season. Steelers would be smart to sign him early on and leave Gilbert and Adams to fight it out at RT.
    With our cap situation I don't see that happening.
    Our only hope of bringing Starks back is if he gets no interest and comes back on another minimum contract.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    With our cap situation I don't see that happening.
    Our only hope of bringing Starks back is if he gets no interest and comes back on another minimum contract.
    The way the Pats and Giants tried to rebuild was to go young on defense, especially the secondaries, and score more points. Seems to have worked for one team and have mixed results for the other.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know someone that hangs out with Starks and he says Tomlin never liked him. I think Tomlin has a huge ego. Max never needed football to be rich and successful as he is a very smart person. Was voted young mortician of the year for the state of Florida as a teenager. Maybe Tomlin wants to feel intellectually superior to the players and having a guy around that can use bigger words than him is a dent to his ego.
    Interesting. That makes some sense. It never seems appropriate, in how much the Steelers don't seem to value Max.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Interesting. That makes some sense. It never seems appropriate, in how much the Steelers don't seem to value Max.
    We treat Max like we have a pro bowl caliber LT pushing him out the door, and then you look and we have Trai Essex, Gilbert, Jonathan Scott, Mike Adams, and other crappy or totally unproven options and wonder WTF the Steelers are thinking. Then we have other players that do have top draft picks waiting behind them and they can stay as long as they want.

Legend

User Info Menu

I believe Starks will be resigned to a long term contract, but I think Harrison may not return unless he is willing to drastically cut his pay. Gotta make room for young guys in the cap and I am sure he understands this. Now the question; is he willing to take one for the team who rewarded him with the largest contract for a LB in team history a few years ago?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I believe Starks will be resigned to a long term contract, but I think Harrison may not return unless he is willing to drastically cut his pay. Gotta make room for young guys in the cap and I am sure he understands this. Now the question; is he willing to take one for the team who rewarded him with the largest contract for a LB in team history a few years ago?

I agree. Ben will lobby hard for Starks. Harrison proved he can give you some good games but the dominance he had is gone forever. He would need to take a major pay cut to stay around down to the $2-3M range.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers might not sign him, then after lets say the third game when Ben looks like Mike tyson knocked him out, Starks will be back at LT saving the Steelers once again.

Starter

User Info Menu

That is interesting.

I know someone that hangs out with Starks and he says Tomlin never liked him. I think Tomlin has a huge ego. Max never needed football to be rich and successful as he is a very smart person. Was voted young mortician of the year for the state of Florida as a teenager. Maybe Tomlin wants to feel intellectually superior to the players and having a guy around that can use bigger words than him is a dent to his ego.

Legend

User Info Menu

harrision is gone and should be unless he is willing to play for a miliion or two.
    i would like to keep starks at a decent price but at some point you have to let your early round draft picks play.
    troy should be asked to take a huge cut and play on an incentive laden contract
    we are just plain screwed with woodley contract, colons too!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    harrision is gone and should be unless he is willing to play for a miliion or two.
    i would like to keep starks at a decent price but at some point you have to let your early round draft picks play.
    troy should be asked to take a huge cut and play on an incentive laden contract
    we are just plain screwed with woodley contract, colons too!
    A million or two?

What are you talking about? Harrison may not be what he once was but he certainly isn't a has-been. The guy is still one of the top backers in the league and you won't touch him for less than 5 million a year ... nor should you.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!