Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If he could come relatively affordable, could the Steelers make a run at..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    No thanks, he looked like Molasses out there in coverage. Foote can still play and I think he had a decent year, but everyone seems to want to can him.
    I think Larry Foote is an adequate ILB, not great and not bad.

in my opinion, we have a lot bigger problems on this team than Larry Foote...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Rey was a beast in college but I don't remember ever hearing his name in a Steeler Bungles game. He looked bad today... He had a DUI a few years ago, hit a few cars with his piece of crap car in northern Kentucky. I think we kicked up with Troy... For some reason Somoans love alcohol and cheap cars... I remember a story about Troy driving a fughit bucket his second or third year in the league.

I would stick with Foote and hope Spence is healthy next year to take over on 2014.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'd take another year of FOOTE over "Male Eh Ooga" .... I think we need to pick an ILB in the 1st two rounds and hope Spence recovers.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Yep, he was exposed again today. He's just not very good. He's no good in coverage and sucks in space trying to tackle backs. He only gets tackles when their terrific d-line ties the backs up inside.

Foote had 15 more solo tackles than him this year. Why would we want to replace him with someone worse again?

Get over the love you had for him when he was at USC. There is a reason two other players went before him in that draft.
    You guys crack me up. Rey Maualuga wouldn't be doing the bulk of the covering for the Steelers ILB's. It would be Timmons. In fact if he were a Steeler he would be used primarily at what he is best at, coming forward. He has to cover on the Bengals because Burfict is even worse at it.

But I guess you guys have forgotten how horrible Larry Foote is in coverage? Let Maualuga play to his strength on the Steelers and you can bank on him being better than Larry Foote.

And Rob, I am not implying that Maualuga is great. Hardly. I just feel with his age and the Steelers system he could be an upgrade over Foote. That's all.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    No thanks, he looked like Molasses out there in coverage. Foote can still play and I think he had a decent year, but everyone seems to want to can him.
    How would you describe Larry Foote in coverage? I have news for you, he's horrible too. Now as far as run stuffing who is better? And how much better would Maualuga be if he played in LeBeau's system?

Larry Foote will be 33 next year. Chances are he will decline and not improve next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    Not a great game by Rey today...his weaknesses were exposed by the Texans. Don't know if he'd be much of an upgrade over Foote. And I think he might end up costing quite a bit more than Foote.
    Again what was exposed about Maualuga that wasnt already known? Cover skills?

He had 10 tackles and his team held a pretty explosive offense to 1 TD and 19 total points.

What got exposed was the fact that the Bengals still dont have a viable QB. It isnt a revelation that Maualuga isnt great in coverage. But if he played next to Timmons he wouldnt do the bulk of it like he has to with the Bengals.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just an fyi, there were many who though that James Farrior was a bust and knocked him when he signed with the Steelers. Then he got into a system that was conducive to his strength and he excelled. Remember Farrior was the 8th overall pick and the Jets had pretty much given up on him.

I am not saying that Maualuga is anywhere near as good as Farrior was at the same time but I do believe if Maulauga was in the Steelers system he would be better than he was with the Bengals. And he is coming off a 122 tackles season.