Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If he could come relatively affordable, could the Steelers make a run at..

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    My understanding was that Burfict was considered a top LB, but that he had major character concerns so no one took him in the draft. Rey could be a good player for us, IMO. I'm sure Troy could be a good influence on him with their shared USC and Polynesian heritage.
    Does Rey have character issues? As great of a guy as Troy is, I dont know if he is the mentoring type. I was hoping Troy could help Ta'amu along too. And maybe he still will.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    How miscast (if at all) was he, in Cincy's defense? Is the difference between 4-3 MLB or 3-4 ILB in our D substantial? If so, I would consider him (though I don't like that he comes from a division rival).

If the difference isn't that big, then I don't see much value in bringing him in when we can already have Foote.
    Maualuga is 25 years old (will turn 26 in a few weeks). I think he is better suited for a 3-4. He like Timmons can be used to come after the QB from the inside. In a traditional 4-3 MLB role like this past year in Cincinnati he doesn't get to do that all that much. But, he is also coming off of his best year (122 tackles), and appears to have improved every year in the league. At USC he played in both systems. I feel he made more splash plays playing in the 3-4.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Does Rey have character issues? As great of a guy as Troy is, I dont know if he is the mentoring type. I was hoping Troy could help Ta'amu along too. And maybe he still will.
    Well he did get into trouble a couple of times (bar fight), and had a DUI. But as far as his charter I think he is very good. We all make mistakes.

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you really think he would be that cheap?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

122 tackles Maualuga 1 sack 0 FF 0 INT
    113 tackles Foote 4 sacks 2 FF 0 INT
    106 tackles Timmons 6 sacks 2 FF 3 INT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Do you really think he would be that cheap?
    Probably not. Just repeating what the article had suggested may be possible.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    122 tackles Maualuga 1 sack 0 FF 0 INT
    113 tackles Foote 4 sacks 2 FF 0 INT
    106 tackles Timmons 6 sacks 2 FF 3 INT
    I think if Maualuga played in a 3-4 and had Timmons next to him you would see more splash plays. But the number that impresses me more is 26 and 33. The ages of Maualuga and Foote next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    I think if Maualuga played in a 3-4 and had Timmons next to him you would see more splash plays. But the number that impresses me more is 26 and 33. The ages of Maualuga and Foote next year.
    That is a good point. I don't think Foote will be super cheap to keep so allocating a little more for a younger, more impact type ILB might be a smart pickup.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think this would be a great addition imho. bowman-willis in san fran, urlacher-briggs in chicago.... Timmons and Maualuga is very very tempting. can we pony up is the question, we may lose ramon foster in the process.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd be more inclined to bring back Foote and draft an ILB to compete with Spence in the future. I think Spence is exactly what we need in this new NFL. Foote's solid for now. Not to mention, without Foote, we really have 0 vocal guys on D and I think leadership is a bit of an issue on this team.