Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Russ Grimm?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    when you get done telling on me to get banned for what you imply as racists, make sure you request to have yourself banned for violating the conduct code where you blatantly called me a dumbass
    Oh noes! and it's not what I "imply" you've said it several times now to the point that it's become a pattern. It's a ridiculous comment and a ignorant stance. If he'd taken the team to a super bowl this season and next season finished 8-8 you'd be singing the same tune.

EDIT: I should have called you worse.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Read an article on ESPN talking about the Whiz firing that ragged on Grimm for not being able to develop offensive line picks....

Backup

User Info Menu

Yea, from what i have read Grimm was not doing to stellar of a job in AZ. Not a strong blocking game at all thus Qbs getting hurt so forth and so on. Not a good thing to bring him here. I still say get whoever the guy is from San Diego, he shut us out with 3 new lineman that week. Of course I think Rivers got knocked around a bit this year, so maybe not a good choice.

Legend

User Info Menu

Some talk recently about Tunch Ilkin being considered. Not sure how much truth there is to this though.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Read an article on ESPN talking about the Whiz firing that ragged on Grimm for not being able to develop offensive line picks....
    Have a link?

I thought Jeff Hartings, the former center, was on the prospective list. If Grimm was valuable, they would have kept him the first time. I do know the injuries to the off. line were significant from year to year. This seemed to plague Kugler all the time, but it was also evident in his last years with Buffalo, maybe a change will do the off. line some good. I hope so, I'm tired of this becoming an NFL byline every week. FO has made a point by drafting Pouncey, DeCastro, Gilbert, and Adams very high. It would be nice to see them all on the field at the same time. I know some injuries are unavoidable but geezzzzzz..
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

[url]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87092/whisenhunt-graves-are-out-whats-next[/url]

Line coach Russ Grimm became a Hall of Famer as a player, but his coaching legacy in Arizona failed to meet high initial expectations.

Center Lyle Sendlein was one player the Cardinals developed into a very good starter up front. How many other success stories were there during Whisenhunt's run with the team? Brown, the fifth overall pick in 2007, never developed into what Grimm and the Cardinals believed. And when the front office stopped drafting offensive linemen, the team ran low on talent. That became critical as the QB situation deteriorated.

Meanwhile, division rivals Seattle and San Francisco sent four of their drafted linemen to the Pro Bowl this season.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Seems the Steelers are better off finding some new coaches...

thanks mr. pittsburgh
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    [URL]http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/87092/whisenhunt-graves-are-out-whats-next[/URL]

Line coach Russ Grimm became a Hall of Famer as a player, but his coaching legacy in Arizona failed to meet high initial expectations.

Center Lyle Sendlein was one player the Cardinals developed into a very good starter up front. How many other success stories were there during Whisenhunt's run with the team? Brown, the fifth overall pick in 2007, never developed into what Grimm and the Cardinals believed. And when the front office stopped drafting offensive linemen, the team ran low on talent. That became critical as the QB situation deteriorated.

Meanwhile, division rivals Seattle and San Francisco sent four of their drafted linemen to the Pro Bowl this season.
    Grimm sucks and the whole NFL knows it except for a small group of Steelers fans. Even the franchise where he was a Hall of Fame player wants nothing to do with him.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I never wanted Grimm as our head coach. I'm sorry but I'm racist because I usually equate dumb with fat. All kidding aside, I never wanted ex-players as coaches that had the natural abilities to play in sports. I want the second stringers, the guys that used their smarts to get on the field to where, their physical talents were not enough. These are the ones in my opinion that make the best coaches. Again, just my opinion.

Did I read the post correctly that Grimm made a or some racist remarks ? Anyway, people get too hung up on race and use it as a weapon or tool at times. I'm tired of hearing about it. Paint a person any color you like I'll judge them on their deeds, behavior, their integrity. Just how I would like to be judged.

I don't see Grimm as a head coach just as I didn't see Joe Greene as a head coach. I think Joe Greene is the greatest player the Steelers had, I love his interviews, his comments and everything about the guy but, I don't think he would make a good coach. Not a line coach or a head coach I would hire him as. Probably a better head coach than a position coach but non the less, I wouldn't want him as a coach if I had to vote or if he was up for the job.
    Whiz didn't stand a chance in Arizona without a great QB and that is what it takes these days to do well in the NFL.