Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey Is Out!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Chan Gailey Is Out!!

Quick! Call Ralph Wilson and scoop up their OL coach!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If the Haley to Arizona rumors end up being true, I would call Gailey himself. He was probably my favorite offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh over the last 20 years.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    If the Haley to Arizona rumors end up being true, I would call Gailey himself. He was probably my favorite offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh over the last 20 years.
    I am right with you. Either Gailey or Turner.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I hope the rumor about Haley to Arizona comes to fruition.

It is evident there is no love lost between Big Ben and Haley. It will only get worse. Ben doesn't have to love his OC but has to have a respectful working relationship. If that cannot be had, then one of them will end up going and my preference is Haley. Sooner than later...

Ben has only 2 options in my thinking to resolve this issue if the Steelers FO keeps Haley:
    1. ask for a trade (which the Steelers will decline to do)
    2. retire at the first opportunity he can.

This is bad for the Steelers organization as a whole if they want to maintain a high caliber team as they profess.

Ben does not have the same choice that we common people have and that is to "walk out with our feet". He is under contract to the team for "x" $ and "x" amount of years. That leaves him little option.

I do not believe either than Ben is being a baby or has an ego problem. None of us on this board or in the Steeler nation truly knows how it is day-to-day for them to interact and work together. As Tomlin likes to say "our body of work was below what is acceptable". So, hopefully someone will work to fix it. The Steelers have waited a long time for a good franchise QB and they have one now. Why jeopardize that with keeping an OC who is not meshing with the QB.

Maybe Mr. Dan Rooney coming back home will help right this ship.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    I hope the rumor about Haley to Arizona comes to fruition.

It is evident there is no love lost between Big Ben and Haley. It will only get worse. Ben doesn't have to love his OC but has to have a respectful working relationship. If that cannot be had, then one of them will end up going and my preference is Haley. Sooner than later...

Ben has only 2 options in my thinking to resolve this issue if the Steelers FO keeps Haley:
    1. ask for a trade (which the Steelers will decline to do)
    2. retire at the first opportunity he can.

This is bad for the Steelers organization as a whole if they want to maintain a high caliber team as they profess.

Ben does not have the same choice that we common people have and that is to "walk out with our feet". He is under contract to the team for "x" $ and "x" amount of years. That leaves him little option.

I do not believe either than Ben is being a baby or has an ego problem. None of us on this board or in the Steeler nation truly knows how it is day-to-day for them to interact and work together. As Tomlin likes to say "our body of work was below what is acceptable". So, hopefully someone will work to fix it. The Steelers have waited a long time for a good franchise QB and they have one now. Why jeopardize that with keeping an OC who is not meshing with the QB.

Maybe Mr. Dan Rooney coming back home will help right this ship.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!
    Kindle

If Ben really does have a problem with Haley and his offense, then he needs to pull his head out of his arse. Haley's offense kept him relatively well protected and efficient. Ben going back to his own style after the injury was a disaster.

Starter

User Info Menu

Not to mention Ben always has a third option and fourth option of simply learning to work with Haley or outlasting him. There has only been 1 season upon which to base all this speculation about Haley and Ben not getting along. I think it is much ado about nothing at this point. There certainly isn't enough evidence to come to the conclusion that we have some sort of 2 men enter, 1 man leaves feud between them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I respectfully disagree.

The line did better this year at the beginning; however, with all the injuries and new men rotating in, he did get sacked.

Also, I do not believe he was truly healed enough to play WELL. He was well enough to play.

With no reliable back up QB, there was no choice but to give him a little healing time and put him out there.

These are not little bruises that these men sustain week in and week out.

Haley's offense has not impressed me at all. I believe that it is better to play to someone's strengths than to their weakness. Did Haley truly assess what is Ben's strengths and utilize that type of play? I didn't see it. Couple that with so many injuries and Wallace's hold out and then Ben's unfortunate injury, it doesn't bode well for a Super Bowl Season.

Kind Regards,
    Kindle

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Not to mention Ben always has a third option and fourth option of simply learning to work with Haley or outlasting him. There has only been 1 season upon which to base all this speculation about Haley and Ben not getting along. I think it is much ado about nothing at this point. There certainly isn't enough evidence to come to the conclusion that we have some sort of 2 men enter, 1 man leaves feud between them.
    I agree. Haley also isn't going anywhere unless he chooses to go. We aren't the Cleveland Browns, this isn't a Coaching carousel.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hmm... i think Ben was injured because he went back to his old style. I know you cant predict which sack will cause an injury but I felt like the play was over when Ben took that crushing hit.

I know plenty of fans love how Ben never thinks a play is over but its also the reason he is always hurt and our seasons go from promising to disaster on one play.

I'm still pissed at missing the playoffs so bear with me.. just sick of seeing Ben injured every freaking year. Starting to get the impression that he isnt truly playing football if he isnt getting hit. I think Haley did a great job of protecting Ben from himself for much of the season and Ben didnt appreciate him for it.... lol.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hmm... i think Ben was injured because he went back to his old style. I know you cant predict which sack will cause an injury but I felt like the play was over when Ben took that crushing hit.

I know plenty of fans love how Ben never thinks a play is over but its also the reason he is always hurt and our seasons go from promising to disaster on one play.

I'm still pissed at missing the playoffs so bear with me.. just sick of seeing Ben injured every freaking year. Starting to get the impression that he isnt truly playing football if he isnt getting hit. I think Haley did a great job of protecting Ben from himself for much of the season and Ben didnt appreciate him for it.... lol.
    I agree. We seemed to go back to the way he was playing before Haley and instead of throwing it away when there weren't options he was getting hammered. He did it PLENTY against the Bengals for example.