Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Chan Gailey Is Out!!

Rookie

User Info Menu

That's why Rainey was a fifth round pick....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    OK, I'll say what I have not yet, but feared all season. I don't think Rainey is NFL material for long, if at all. Sorry. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.
    Rainey's almost identical in size to Wes Welker. He really should get consideration at WR. No way should he be running between the tackles. Although he has a lot of experience.

He's pretty durable for his size. He needs to figure out how to not take a hit. He should watch some Warrick Dunn tape. That guy was the best at avoiding contact.

I'd like to see what Rainey could do if we had an OLine that could keep our RBs clean and get him a hole. We should be sneaking Rainey behind a pulling DD for some huge gains.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'd love to have Chan doing whatever for us. Heck, he could be an assistant HC to help Tomlin out. I think he's the offensive equivalent of DL on Defense. I'm not sure Tomlin's had anyone to really tutor him on that side of the ball in his career.

Wasn't Chan BC's recommendation for his replacement. I think Cowher generally did a good job picking good assistant coaches. Couple of gaffes. But Chan was one of his good ones.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'd love to have Chan doing whatever for us. Heck, he could be an assistant HC to help Tomlin out. I think he's the offensive equivalent of DL on Defense. I'm not sure Tomlin's had anyone to really tutor him on that side of the ball in his career.

Wasn't Chan BC's recommendation for his replacement. I think Cowher generally did a good job picking good assistant coaches. Couple of gaffes. But Chan was one of his good ones.
    Yeah, we need Gailey to be Asst. HC because his record as a HC is so good
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Rainey needs to be used in space... every other team with a speed back his size finds a way to get them in the flat or out in space but we are content to run him up the middle.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Rainey needs to be used in space... every other team with a speed back his size finds a way to get them in the flat or out in space but we are content to run him up the middle.
    Agree. Need to make LBs try to chase Rainey not have him run right at them. Reality is though he is more a slot receiver than RB. Team just needs to use him that way and forget the RB nonsense.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"