Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Chan Gailey Is Out!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Hmm... i think Ben was injured because he went back to his old style. I know you cant predict which sack will cause an injury but I felt like the play was over when Ben took that crushing hit.

I know plenty of fans love how Ben never thinks a play is over but its also the reason he is always hurt and our seasons go from promising to disaster on one play.

I'm still pissed at missing the playoffs so bear with me.. just sick of seeing Ben injured every freaking year. Starting to get the impression that he isnt truly playing football if he isnt getting hit. I think Haley did a great job of protecting Ben from himself for much of the season and Ben didnt appreciate him for it.... lol.
    Agree with you feltdizz. Wanting Haley to create an offense around Ben's strengths means 'backyard football' and standing around waiting for the long ball. That's exactly what the Steelers were trying to get away from to prolong his career (whether he appreciated it or not).

Legend

User Info Menu

If Ben really does have a problem with Haley and his offense, then he needs to pull his head out of his arse. Haley's offense kept him relatively well protected and efficient.
    And look where that got us this year.
    If Ben learned to get rid of the ball when in trouble then he wouldn't get hit so much.
    This also wouldn't make Ben the special player he is.
    Remember that.
    Haleys dink and dunk,RUTFM offense was as predictable as the sunrise

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    If Ben learned to get rid of the ball when in trouble then he wouldn't get hit so much.
    Remember that.
    I agree there was too much RUTFM on first AND second late in the season, specifically against Cincy. It would also have been nice to see more deep shots. I thought most of our success running against Cincy was when he bounced runs outside. Why not try more of that, with Rainey or Mendenhall? Maybe the RUTFM is meant to set up the quick out passes to turn into big plays. I dont know for sure. But I was disappointed in the offense to be sure. 20th in scoring is not good enough. I wouldn't mind a guard early in the draft. I think Colon might be Kemo II, esp with the knee injury.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Remember that.
    Before Ben's injury?

He had an incredible 3rd down % and their time of possession was great. The offense was going on sustained drives and starting to show something of a running game. I think they were about to turn a corner.

After Ben's injury?

It wasn't the same offense anymore.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Before Ben's injury?

He had an incredible 3rd down % and their time of possession was great. The offense was going on sustained drives and starting to show something of a running game. I think they were about to turn a corner.

After Ben's injury?

This is the reality. Haley's offense looked like it was Turing into something. If we had an edge runner it would have been amazing.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Before Ben's injury?

After Ben's injury?

True, but that wasnt translating into a whole lot of points, was it. It seemed like we were 'efficient' til we hit the RED ZONE and I remember thinking it would be nice to score quick (maybe 3 minutes) every once in a while and get the 7 on the board. Instead of hold the ball for 7 minutes and come away with 3.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    This is the reality. Haley's offense looked like it was Turing into something. If we had an edge runner it would have been amazing.
    Doesn't Mendenhall have the speed for that? Rainey certainly should. Would have been nice if Haley could have found a way to use it.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    I am right with you. Either Gailey or Turner.
    Then again, what about Whiz coming back to de Burg?

Legend

User Info Menu

PFT reporting the Cards want to interview Andy Reid.

[url]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/31/bidwell-says-cardinals-will-interview-andy-reid/[/url]

Bidwill says Cardinals will interview Andy Reid

Posted by Darin Gantt on December 31, 2012, 6:04 PM EST
    Getty Images
    Current defensive coordinator Ray Horton was established as a candidate for the Cardinals head coaching job already.
    But team president Michael Bidwill just said during a press conference that he [URL="http://twitter.com/kentsomers/statuses/285880666695020545"]was also going to interview[/URL]former Eagles coach Andy Reid and Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy as well, according to Kent Somers of the Arizona Republic.
    One of these things is not like the others.
    The Cardinals have never been known for their free-spending habits, and Reid represents a significant step up in price-range from Horton or McCoy.
    Bidwill also said he was “[URL="http://twitter.com/Cardschatter/statuses/285880018452746240"]not ready to give up on Kevin Kolb yet[/URL],” and that the Kolb issue would be one he brought up with potential candidates.
    Reid has already fleeced the Cardinals on Kolb once, so perhaps this would be a chance to make it up to them. The Cardinals gave Reid’s Eagles a second-round pick and cornerback [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4715/dominique-rodgers-cromartie"]Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie[/URL] for the right to give Kolb a $63 million contract.
    Or it might be Reid’s realization that his market might not be as strong as he’d hoped, and that he might need to take the [URL="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/30/when-music-stops-reid-could-be-out-of-luck/"]first chair offered[/URL].
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    Doesn't Mendenhall have the speed for that? Rainey certainly should. Would have been nice if Haley could have found a way to use it.
    OK, I'll say what I have not yet, but feared all season. I don't think Rainey is NFL material for long, if at all. Sorry. I REALLY hope I'm wrong.

Mendy just doesn't impress. He reminds me of many players over the years who "have it", but don't show it. I hope we get back to a two set backfield with a bruiser and a skat back. With both threats and Miller, our O will open up, O line being assumed.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]