Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Revenge of Bruce Arians

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Watch Haslam pay Cowher a boatload to become GM and Arians as HC with Gailey as OC then poach Butler for DC.
    If Cowher comes back I think it will be in order Chicago or Philly. Chicago has a QB and the owner in Philly will pay the former Eagle player a ton of money. The Eagles also have tons of talent.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How much $ does a TV analyst (like Cowher, Boomer, ETC) make per year?

Maybe Bill Cowher only uses $ as a reason not to come back to the trenches of NFL coaching because he knows his price is so high no one will want to pay it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    If Cowher comes back I think it will be in order Chicago or Philly. Chicago has a QB and the owner in Philly will pay the former Eagle player a ton of money. The Eagles also have tons of talent.
    Cleveland could be more attractive due to what you state. He could take over teams with players and ego's or start fresh in Cleveland.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Bill has enough money, has a cushy gig going on, has all the time in the world to himself. Why would he want the headaches of being a head coach after he has already climbed the mountain ?

I have a question for you guys, if Arians gets offered a head coaching job, do you think he'll take Kevin Butler or any of our assistant coaches from the Steelers ?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Bill has enough money, has a cushy gig going on, has all the time in the world to himself. Why would he want the headaches of being a head coach after he has already climbed the mountain ?

I have a question for you guys, if Arians gets offered a head coaching job, do you think he'll take Kevin Butler or any of our assistant coaches from the Steelers ?
    Butler would definitely get a call imo. LeBeau shows no sign of leaving and Butler has to be itching to give it a try. Kirby Wilson may be an OC candidate for BA too.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Bruce Arians downplays return to Pittsburgh

Posted by Josh Alper on October 15, 2015, 8:31 AM EDT

Cardinals coach Bruce Arians spent five years as the offensive coordinator of the Steelers before parting ways with the team after the 2011 season in a move that the Steelers framed as Arians’s retirement.

It wasn’t a retirement, obviously. Arians went to the Colts for a year as offensive coordinator, became the interim head coach when Chuck Pagano was battling cancer and parleyed that into his current job. Arians has gone 25-11 with the Cardinals, proving that he had plenty left in the tank after being let go in Pittsburgh.

Arians will lead the Cardinals into Heinz Field on Sunday for his first regular season game against the Steelers since being dispatched, but says it is “just another game” rather than a chance to score a win with extra personal satisfaction.

“He’s so focused on this team and this year and not years past,” Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer said, via the Arizona Republic. “Obviously, going back to a place where you worked before, there is a little extra on it. But his focus is so on this team, getting to 5-1, where we’re at in our division, where we need to improve and things that need to be fixed and coached. I don’t think he has time to dwell on the past and all the great things he did in Pittsburgh.”

Steelers wide receiver Antonio Brown isn’t so sure that it’s just business as usual for Arians “seeing how many people counted him out and wanted him out of here.” It wouldn’t be surprising if that’s the case, although there’s no lack of other motivation for the Cardinals to pick up another win this Sunday.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/15/bruce-arians-downplays-return-to-pittsburgh/[/URL]
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.