Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Revenge of Bruce Arians

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Revenge of Bruce Arians

Last year, BA was unceremoniously dropped by the Steelers after being told that his job was secure. What a difference a year makes. This morning, the sports shows were talking about how Arians would be a prime candidate for a head coaching job after the fantastic work he did in Indy.

If anyone had told most of us that Arians would be more successful with the Colts and a bunch of rookies than Haley was with the veteran Steelers O, we would have thought they were crazy.

At the end of the day, winning is the best revenge even if BA never wanted revenge in the first place.

Starter

User Info Menu

Apparently some people think that he should win NFL coach-of-the-year.

[url]http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2012/12/27/3807710/coach-of-the-year-bruce-arians[/url]

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think he deserves it as well....

Legend

User Info Menu

Good for Arians. I disliked his offense but had no problems with him. He did an incredible job with a very difficult situation.

Some guys are better coordinators than head coaches; he may be a better HC than coordinator.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder if Cleveland would consider him since they have a young team/ offense.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Wonder if Cleveland would consider him since they have a young team/ offense.
    Wouldn't that be interesting? He has ties in Cleveland and was in Pittsburgh when Haslam was the owner.

A bit off topic, but I think Shurmur got a raw deal. He didn't have a whole lot to work with and turned the Browns into a respectable NFL team, which they haven't been for a while.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Shurmur did. I listen sometimes to the Cleveland "The Fan" radio station. Shurmur and Heckert were promised under Lerner they had 5 years to turn the team around. There was the lockout in his 1st year and he was never permitted to hire any of his own staff.

It's the buzz today here in NE OH and the wait is on for "the next coach". Lots of names being mentioned now.

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    Shurmur did. I listen sometimes to the Cleveland "The Fan" radio station. Shurmur and Heckert were promised under Lerner they had 5 years to turn the team around. There was the lockout in his 1st year and he was never permitted to hire any of his own staff.

It's the buzz today here in NE OH and the wait is on for "the next coach". Lots of names being mentioned now.

Kindle
    Perhaps Haslem just wants to get a new start with his own people. It sucks for Shurmur, but Haslem is probably trying to establish a new culture there and it's hard to do with the old chief still there.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Yep. that is the consensus here.

Many felt Haslem said all the politically correct speak when he bought the team; however, by November The 'Walrus' was gone so the others saw it coming.

Legend

User Info Menu

Arians returning to Cleveland as HC would be quite interesting. He failed miserably as their OC but maybe can make it work as an HC.
    While Indy was respectable this year, I personally think it was a partial mirage due to their very weak schedule. Yes, they thumped HOU but I am not convinced HOU pulled out the stops for that game.