Thread: Anyone Else Notice Ben Yesterday?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Else Notice Ben Yesterday?

His body language after several plays getting knocked down said it all. Head down, slow moving to the huddle. He looked spent and still injured. You have to wonder if all those hits he took while younger are starting to show on him.
    Of course, there appeared quite a few players (especially on Offense) that looked like they really didn't want to be on that field yesterday.

Ben had a tough, tough season.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Ben was playing for nothing more than an 8-8 record. In the last two games, he threw critical INTs that were the difference in this losses. He was still smarting from those self-inflicted wounds...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben was playing for nothing more than an 8-8 record. In the last two games, he threw critical INTs that were the difference in this losses. He was still smarting from those self-inflicted wounds...
    Agreed on your points, slap. The culmination of a season plagued with mental mistakes by key clutch players on both sides of the ball. How many ints given up...fumbles by several RBs.... blown coverages by DBs.... couple all those with injuries that no team could of survived. We could of possibly been at least 11-5. Execution and injuries... scene several threads at the tailend of the season, heap some serious blame on coordinators, but the paid professionals with million dollar contracts have to own up some culpability in this lost season.... one person from the coaching staff that may need to go is the strength and conditioning coach... too many injuries and the general flatness of effort late in games we saw seem to point to an extremely tired team. Just MHO.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I think he doesn't like Haley or Tomlin at all. If you watch when he had to call timeouts yesterday he pretty much rolled his eyes toward the sideline. Did the same vs Dallas.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Will they ever allow Ben to be his own boss on the field ? Would it be possible for the coaches to allow Ben to call his own plays with being advised to keep it balanced and to not go for all the glory passes ?

I often wonder once Ben retires if he'll bad mouth the coaches, fans, players or whatever once it's all over be it verbally or in a book ?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Will they ever allow Ben to be his own boss on the field ? Would it be possible for the coaches to allow Ben to call his own plays with being advised to keep it balanced and to not go for all the glory passes ?

I often wonder once Ben retires if he'll bad mouth the coaches, fans, players or whatever once it's all over be it verbally or in a book ?
    It's the owners. They don't want him having too much power or becoming the 'star' QB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post

I've said for a while now that Ben will have a heck of a book to write when he is no longer dependent on anyone in the NFL.