Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boykin Open to Returning

Boykin Open to Returning

Link to the article below:

http://www.fanly.me/c/8ouVyy217G

Boykin is at least saying all of the right things. And that is smart - sulking about Pittsburgh won't help his market value elsewhere.

I'd imagine he returns only if the money is right, and even then, I'd be shocked to see him stick around. I think the Steelers are going to use Golson in the slot, and I'd be very surprised if they paid Boykin what it takes to keep him.

I'd be all for it...he'd replace Cortez Allen. Hope he'd sign for 3 years and cheaper.

For me, Boykin should be a priority for whatever position is his forte, extrapolating (not exactly, but close) over an entire year he would have 4 picks, 8 passes defensed, 4 forced fumbles and 4 sacks. I just don't see how a secondary that struggled as much as they did early (while Boykin was on the bench) and picked up their level of play the final 1/4 of the season (which coincides with Boykin playing) isn't better if Boykin is brought back all things considered, including financially.

Pappy

1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

This is great news. We need to keep him, AND use him.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

Legend
    Nice talk, but ain't going to happen

They SHOULD try to re-sign him, if he doesn't want too much $$$$$. While they project great things from Golson, he's still unproven as an NFL player. They don't really know how he will turn out (remember, they traded up to get Shamarko Thomas, and thought Cortez Allen would be a quality starter).

Having said that, I'd be surprised if they did make much of an effort to re-sign him. I think the coaches love Antwaan Blake, and they'll make signing him a priority over signing Boykin. Hope I'm wrong.

And even if they do try to bring Boykin back, unless they offer a lot more $$$, I think he'll opt for a change of scenery. I doubt if he can be very happy about the way he was utilized, no matter what kind of front he puts up.

Why wouldn't he be??? If the price is right.

This board loves to speculate and use bad logic when it comes to player relations.

The flawed logic in this case is/was:
    Boykin didn't see the field until the end of the season.
    Boykin must have been unhappy.
    Therefore Boykin doesn't like the Steelers organization and will not resign with the team.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

It isn't just this board. A couple of the beat writers have said the same thing. I believe one of the reasons Boykin was traded from the Eagles is because he wanted to be a starter on the outside and thought he'd get that chance with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    It isn't just this board. A couple of the beat writers have said the same thing. I believe one of the reasons Boykin was traded from the Eagles is because he wanted to be a starter on the outside and thought he'd get that chance with the Steelers.
    The Steelers should give him that chance then, just sayin. Its difficult to fathom that he isn't better than Blake and possibly Gay as well if given the opportunity. I still think they limited his snaps to reduce what they have to give up to the Eagles for Boykin.

Pappy

1.25) Artie Burns - CB, Miami (Mackensie Aleander)
    2.58 ) Sean Davis - S/CB, Maryland (Deion Jones)
    3.89) Javon Hargrave - DT, S. Carolina St. (Nick Vannett)
    4.123) Jerald Hawkins - OT, LSU (Deandre Houston-Carson)
    6.220) Travis Feeny - OLB, Wash (Darius Jackson)
    7.227) Demarcus Ayers - WR, Hou (Graham Glasgow)
    7.246) Tyler Matakevich - OLB, Temple (Travis Feeney)

The referee said that you hit Brian Sipe too hard. Did you hit him too hard?
    I hit him as hard as I could - Jack Lambert

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    I still think they limited his snaps to reduce what they have to give up to the Eagles for Boykin.

Pappy
    Another reason he would be ticked off and not want to resign for the team deliberating driving down his value during a contract year