Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Are things not great between Troy and Steelers?

Are things not great between Troy and Steelers?

Comment From GSK: So according to your blog we shouldn't be expecting a Troy Polamalu retirement party any time soon?

Ed Bouchette: Not at the Steelers facility
    [url]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/09/Ed-Bouchette-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-2-9-16/stories/201602090209[/url]

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Toni: What's the deal with Troy boycotting all team events? What in the world does he have to be mad about? He was a liablility in coverage for two years, agree?

Gerry Dulac: I agree. If there is some acrimony, it's because Troy is upset he was released. Of course, he's free to sign with another team if he still wants to play. But he found out what Hines Ward found out -- other teams watch film too. They know they what they see.

[url]http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/10/Gerry-Dulac-s-Pittsburgh-Steelers-chat-transcript-2-10-16/stories/201602100171[/url]

Pro Bowler
    So strange. He's the last guy that I thought would be disgruntled.

Where the Rubber Meets the Road (in NEPA)
    Troy was never a guy whose life revolved around football. He has other interests, and his identity as an NFL player never defined him. Now that he's not playing it, I don't think that he's all that much of a football fan. I don't think it's anything personal...I just think he feels that he has better things to do than to show up a Steeler events.

The Rams' offense featuring weapons such as Marshall Faulk, Torrey Holt, and Isaac Bruce were known as "The Greatest Show on Turf"

The Steelers' offense featuring weapons such as Le'Veon Bell and Martavis Bryant should be known as "The Greatest Show on Grass"

This has nothing at all to do with respective playing surfaces at the Edward Jones Dome vs. Heinz Field.

2015 MNF Executive Champion!

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Troy was never a guy whose life revolved around football. He has other interests, and his identity as an NFL player never defined him. Now that he's not playing it, I don't think that he's all that much of a football fan. I don't think it's anything personal...I just think he feels that he has better things to do than to show up a Steeler events.
    exactly what i was thinking... EXACTLY... even when he *retired*, I was certain I had read that we shouldn't expect him back too often because of what you say here.
    2013 MNF Executive Champion!

Round 1, Pick 25 (25): Artie Burns, CB; Miami
    Round 2, Pick 27 (58 ): Sean Davis, S; Maryland
    Round 3, Pick 26 (89): Javon Hargrave, DT; South Carolina State
    Round 4, Pick 25 (123): Jerald Hawkins, OT; LSU
    Round 6, Pick 45 (220) (Compensatory Selection): Travis Feeney, OLB; Washington
    Round 7, Pick 8 (229) (From Giants): DeMarcus Ayers, WR; Houston
    Round 7, Pick 25 (246): Tyler Matakevich, OLB; Temple

Pro Bowler
    Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    exactly what i was thinking... EXACTLY... even when he *retired*, I was certain I had read that we shouldn't expect him back too often because of what you say here.

I'd like that to be the reason. But I've read in more than one place that he was pretty upset about being released and wanted to continue playing. I think he was also not happy about LeBeau being released.

Legend
    I think it was the way Lebeau was treated...

I watched a clip on Troy speaking and mentoring Somoan youth football players.

I think Troy was never a fan of the business side of the NFL.

I could see him having a change of heart years later but it's probably too early and he still feels like he could play another year or 2.
    Bell was fishwhacked, and it was obvious. Where there is piss, there is fire. - Moonie

If he's not a fan of football, why did he go to Asia as an ambassador for the NFL?

I think it's just directed at the Steelers for letting him and DL go.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    http://www.anewsong.com

My son's first Kansas Turkey!

i dont believe many people are fans of the business side of the NFL, except for those few that benefit from it.

Legend
    Replaceable "Carbon Unit." If Troy wants to pout because the reality of his diminishing skills became a liability or because of LeBeau and his diminishing performance as a coach then so be it. Last I checked the Steelers played a full season without him and made the play offs. Life and the Steelers go on. If true, Troy needs to get over himself. Not liking the business side...really??? Didn't seem to mind "business" when it was making him a millionaire many times over