Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 WR's

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

2013 WR's

Next season, barring a shocking development and the Steelers signing Wallace, it appears we are going to have Brown and Sanders for sure. I am leaning toward bringing Cotchery, and Plaxico, back. I think Ben and Plax still do have chemistry and it showed today. Plax had two catches for 24 yards, one being a TD he caught with his hands in traffic and he also drew a flag due to his big frame. Cotchery seems like a solid target that isn't afraid to get physical in the blocking portion of the game and can make some tough catches. I would draft a WR as well and we could look into FA as well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Cotchery signed a 2 year deal so he's in.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Any chance they would bring Holmes back, if the Jets cut him?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    Man, that is a tough one to envision. To me both Plax & Holmes carry baggage but Holmes just seems like it's a different type of baggage. I can't imagine him coming cheap like Burress either.

I know some think Plax is over the hill but I think he still has more to offer. Sign him to a one year deal early on here and give him some security and he may bust his tail this offseason here in Pittsburgh and I think offer something the other WR don't and that we have not had those attributes in a hil around here. First off he goes up for catches and uses his hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

Brown
    Sanders
    Cotchery
    Buress
    Isn't too shabby

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Brown
    Sanders
    Cotchery
    Buress
    Isn't too shabby
    I agree. Maybe draft a WR in the 3 to 5 range a pick up one or two as UDFA? I would look at tweener TE's that are in the basketball forward mold like a Jimmy Graham or Rob Housler mold.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-31-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I spoke with Plax's family today at the game. not that it means anything, but they said he'd love to finish his career with the steelers. I think with wallace gone, having sanders and brown as your speedy young guys, and cotchery and plax as your two vets is solid. add a deep threat and that's a well rounded unit. plax is a veteran now who understands his role and the diminishing opportunities he has left. I think he would be great to keep with both his experience, his price and dare I say some leadership.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Next season, barring a shocking development and the Steelers signing Wallace, it appears we are going to have Brown and Sanders for sure. I am leaning toward bringing Cotchery, and Plaxico, back. I think Ben and Plax still do have chemistry and it showed today. Plax had two catches for 24 yards, one being a TD he caught with his hands in traffic and he also drew a flag due to his big frame. Cotchery seems like a solid target that isn't afraid to get physical in the blocking portion of the game and can make some tough catches. I would draft a WR as well and we could look into FA as well.
    Spot on. Plax offers a Red Zone threat that the others can't provide. With Wallace gone, Plax could be 'the big weapon'once the Steelers hit scoring range. Today's TD catch showed he can still perform.

As for the 'new' WR, given the draft position, the Steelers could be in line for the #2 or #3 WR in the draft. And if they leave it until Round 2, they can still pick up quality, if not quite as well rounded out. DaRick Rogers out of Tenn Tech....could learn a thing or 2 from Plax & Cotch.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Darius Robinson DT
    2. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Mike Sainristil CB
    3. Beaux Limmer OC
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Travis Glover OT
    7. Josh Proctor S

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chucktownsteeler View Post
    I personally want nothing to do with Holmes. He's a headcase and ridiculously selfish. If people want to be hard up Wallace not being a "team guy" because of his supposed "concentration lapses" Holmes isn't a team guy because he's a moron. No way he comes back, we practically gave him away.

Legend

User Info Menu

Hey Starlifter, his fathers a pretty cool guy no?
    I met him at breakfast way back, when Plax was relatively new.
    I remember him telling me that his son was a little high strung and needed to calm down a tad...LOL