Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 WR's

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It's funny to me how it's assumed that Wallace is gone. Maybe he is or isn't, but it's all scuttlebutt until somebody makes a decision.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like Burress a lot better this time around than I did during his initial tenure. I would like to see both he and Cotchery return, but that could be difficult since neither guy plays on special teams.

If Wallace leaves, WR becomes a dire need for this team. Sanders is a #3 WR, at best. Brown is better suited as a #2. Plax can help in the red zone and as a big body, but is no longer starting caliber. Cotchery is a nice, reliable #4 but is not a guy I'd want starting.

The Steelers almost have to address WR again in the draft this year. The question is whether it will be a mid-late round pick or whether it will be a premium need.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I like Burress a lot better this time around than I did during his initial tenure. I would like to see both he and Cotchery return, but that could be difficult since neither guy plays on special teams.

If Wallace leaves, WR becomes a dire need for this team. Sanders is a #3 WR, at best. Brown is better suited as a #2. Plax can help in the red zone and as a big body, but is no longer starting caliber. Cotchery is a nice, reliable #4 but is not a guy I'd want starting.

The Steelers almost have to address WR again in the draft this year. The question is whether it will be a mid-late round pick or whether it will be a premium need.
    The Steelers know this and this is one reason that reports of Mike Wallace's end as a Steeler may be premature.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wonder what Hartline from Miami would cost.