Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 WR's

It's funny to me how it's assumed that Wallace is gone. Maybe he is or isn't, but it's all scuttlebutt until somebody makes a decision.

I like Burress a lot better this time around than I did during his initial tenure. I would like to see both he and Cotchery return, but that could be difficult since neither guy plays on special teams.

If Wallace leaves, WR becomes a dire need for this team. Sanders is a #3 WR, at best. Brown is better suited as a #2. Plax can help in the red zone and as a big body, but is no longer starting caliber. Cotchery is a nice, reliable #4 but is not a guy I'd want starting.

The Steelers almost have to address WR again in the draft this year. The question is whether it will be a mid-late round pick or whether it will be a premium need.

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I like Burress a lot better this time around than I did during his initial tenure. I would like to see both he and Cotchery return, but that could be difficult since neither guy plays on special teams.

If Wallace leaves, WR becomes a dire need for this team. Sanders is a #3 WR, at best. Brown is better suited as a #2. Plax can help in the red zone and as a big body, but is no longer starting caliber. Cotchery is a nice, reliable #4 but is not a guy I'd want starting.

The Steelers almost have to address WR again in the draft this year. The question is whether it will be a mid-late round pick or whether it will be a premium need.
    The Steelers know this and this is one reason that reports of Mike Wallace's end as a Steeler may be premature.

Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Wonder what Hartline from Miami would cost.