Thread: Leading Rusher In 2012

Rookie

User Info Menu

Leading Rusher In 2012

Dwyer with 623 yards. Had to read that twice to make sure I had it right. Are we ever going to fix the O line issues? RBs are not decisive, agreed, but there is often nowhere to go. Also, I watch other QBs in the league have all day to throw (5 seconds or more) when they need it. Meanwhile, Ben seems to always be under duress and taking ill-advised sacks. Every year I hear how we're going to address the O line in the draft and every year, regardless of who we get, the line play doesn't seem to get any better.

623 yards - for an entire year? Wow.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    Dwyer with 623 yards. Had to read that twice to make sure I had it right. Are we ever going to fix the O line issues? RBs are not decisive, agreed, but there is often nowhere to go. Also, I watch other QBs in the league have all day to throw (5 seconds or more) when they need it. Meanwhile, Ben seems to always be under duress and taking ill-advised sacks. Every year I hear how we're going to address the O line in the draft and every year, regardless of who we get, the line play doesn't seem to get any better.

623 yards - for an entire year? Wow.
    Injuries, what more do you want? They've invested 2 1st's and 2 2nds on the line in recent drafts. I imagine they'll once again invest at least a 3rd or higher on another lineman. You can't expect continuity when they're constantly playing musical chairs due to injuries.

Legend

User Info Menu

Decastro,Gilbert,Adams,Colon all down.
    Where do they find a new lineman?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Decastro,Gilbert,Adams,Colon all down.
    Where do they find a new lineman?
    When they do, how fast will he be injured and miss game time?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watching the game there were few holes for the RB. Dwyer does have a nice bounce out when stopped in the hole. But Dryer kills me with a nice run then celebrate then hand up for a breather. How if indeed most RB need carries to hit a grove will he ever do that. And he looks to have a big gut. Think he needs to lose a few pounds. Him and Woodley need a good offseason to get in shape.

Mendy looks good one run. Then he hits another for 5yds then must get to excited and trys to stop/start dance around instead of just running into the defense for another 2,3 or 5. WTF! He is always looking for the big one I think. Just lower your dang head and see what you get.

Redman is a good change up back. Runs HARD but seems slower then Dwyer and of course Mendy. Does not have the bounce out like Dwyer. He hits the hole and that is it.

Not sure what to do with these guys. Mendy should be gone. Someone will pay him more then the Steelers. If Red and Dwyer can be had cheap keep then for another camp. Bring in a low cost FA or draft a guy to see who shakes out. If the O-line can get better and gel together maybe Dwyer and Red can do enough. With some Rainey also. Still waiting for a better O-line! Seems like this is every year now. DANG!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I missed today's game (traveling back home from Pittsburgh). Sounds like not much running room again today for our backs. Watching the Vikings this afternoon, and now the Redskins this evening (with a 6th rounder, Morris) run effectively. They will both be in the playoffs (looks like the Cowboys will lose out again).
    Imagine what our offense could be with an effective run game.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

DWYER doesn't have the stamina to be a 1,200 plus RB per year.
    Until he can work off that gut, I think he's just not going to be a top notch RB.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    DWYER doesn't have the stamina to be a 1,200 plus RB per year.
    Until he can work off that gut, I think he's just not going to be a top notch RB.
    I agree. And really for the type of back he is does he need to weigh enough to be a Bus type? Redman is better at that type of running anyway. Lose 20 maybe 30 and still bounce in the hole. But if the o-line can open holes he does not need to bounce. Also does he need more then 800'ish yds as the main back. If Redman and Rainey get enough carries/yards to keep Dwyer fresh.

Legend

User Info Menu

The line stays healthy it will be fine. However, I think we need to get a few new backs next season.