Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Down!!

Legend

User Info Menu

If Dallas loses tonight and falls to 8-8, does that impact our draft slot or doesn't it matter? I'm leaving Pittsburgh now and will be listening to SNF during the ride home and want to know if I should be doing the unthinkable and rooting for Dallas (I sure hope not).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    chance warmack, g, ala.

exactly....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    Depends who returns and how quickly the player selected develops. Hampton started as a rookie.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Dallas loses tonight and falls to 8-8, does that impact our draft slot or doesn't it matter? I'm leaving Pittsburgh now and will be listening to SNF during the ride home and want to know if I should be doing the unthinkable and rooting for Dallas (I sure hope not).

i've read(message board) it doesnt matter. strentgh of scedule gives us the 17th pick

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    is the draft tomorrow?
    It started after week 1.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i've read(message board) it doesnt matter. strentgh of scedule gives us the 17th pick
    Thanks for the info.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just saw an article showing us picking 14th???

In the end, I could be wrong- not the first time, but after watching today's game and hearing a few things in the local media, they MAY just bring back Wallace (franchise him) and maybe even Hampton- at a reduced rate. Hampton had a decent game and season for the most part, and he really doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh. He's definitely sounding like he wants to keep playing- wherever. I really think we need a big time RB, since our last 1st rd RB never panned out. However, there aren't any right now worthy of a 1st round pick. I say a playmaker that can get to the QB- LB. Or a Safety...? I'm leaning LB since Harrison may not be back based on his salary hit. Gonna need a stud at OLB... How aobut the dude from LSU?
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-30-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

To Dee Dub and others. When has the Steelers drafted with an eye to having a rookie start for a fact? Pouncy was going to have a chance at guard but was good enough to not start at center. I think that was just a bonus. They draft for the future or so it seems to me. Do they plan or hope the rookies can help out, I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a great player like Troy P just because he is not ready to start as a rookie.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Chance Warmack, G, Ala.
    He's probably not in the range of where the Steelers will be drafting. I've seen him top 10 and as high as 5th overall.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    To Dee Dub and others. When has the Steelers drafted with an eye to having a rookie start for a fact? Pouncy was going to have a chance at guard but was good enough to not start at center. I think that was just a bonus. They draft for the future or so it seems to me. Do they plan or hope the rookies can help out, I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a great player like Troy P just because he is not ready to start as a rookie.
    There are players in this draft who could start immediately in the NFL. It is all based on whether or not the Steelers want that. Remember Ben Roethlisberger was going to sit his entire year behind Tommy Maddox? It is an organizational philosophy. If the Steelers really want an immediate starter then they will have to change that philosophy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash