Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Trade Down!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Trade Down!!

If the Rams hold off the Seahawks looks as if the Steelers will be drafting 16th overall. If not, 17th. From what I see at or around that spot there isn't a player who can come in in 2013 and play all that much right off the bat. Eric Reid? Would be a solid pick but with Clark and Polamalu returning, Reid doesn't see much action in year one. Jesse Williams? Another solid pick but does he really see all that much action in year one?

The good news is with the Saints and Browns not having second round picks the Steelers move up two spots. Should be the 46th overall pick. I think this would be a great year to have multiple second round picks. Just gotta find a dance partner.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Every time we pick, I always think there's a couple guys that we could choose. So I always think we should trade down and then take whoever is left. You could talk me into trading down almost every time we pick. There's a few exceptions, but I never feel like going down 5-10 picks really makes that big a difference once you get out of the first 5-10 picks.

Rookie

User Info Menu

When the Steelers drafted in the teens lately, we've scored Timmons and Pouncey...

I'm not worried about an immediate contributor...just get the best player...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If the Rams hold off the Seahawks looks as if the Steelers will be drafting 16th overall. If not, 17th. From what I see at or around that spot there isn't a player who can come in in 2013 and play all that much right off the bat. Eric Reid? Would be a solid pick but with Clark and Polamalu returning, Reid doesn't see much action in year one. Jesse Williams? Another solid pick but does he really see all that much action in year one?

The good news is with the Saints and Browns not having second round picks the Steelers move up two spots. Should be the 46th overall pick. I think this would be a great year to have multiple second round picks. Just gotta find a dance partner.
    Based on recent Troy injury history, a new safety may get plenty of opportunity to play next season....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    When the Steelers drafted in the teens lately, we've scored Timmons and Pouncey...

I'm not worried about an immediate contributor...just get the best player...
    This ^^^^......although I find it real real hard to believe it should take more than Mimi camps and a training camp to get a NT like Jesse Williams starting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think we need a NT. He could be on the team. Also can't see the Steelers having 3 first rounds on the D-line. But if a NT is BPA that is who you pick. I do not think you need a rookie starter. I hope he can contribute but not needing him to be the guy. Pick BPA.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This ^^^^......although I find it real real hard to believe it should take more than Mimi camps and a training camp to get a NT like Jesse Williams starting.
    Well with him having an injured knee right now that may be a problem.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think we need a NT. He could be on the team. Also can't see the Steelers having 3 first rounds on the D-line. But if a NT is BPA that is who you pick. I do not think you need a rookie starter. I hope he can contribute but not needing him to be the guy. Pick BPA.
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

is the draft tomorrow?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    Chance Warmack, G, Ala.