Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27

Thread: Trade Down!!

  1. #11
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    If Dallas loses tonight and falls to 8-8, does that impact our draft slot or doesn't it matter? I'm leaving Pittsburgh now and will be listening to SNF during the ride home and want to know if I should be doing the unthinkable and rooting for Dallas (I sure hope not).


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    chance warmack, g, ala.


    exactly....

  3. #13
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

    Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    Depends who returns and how quickly the player selected develops. Hampton started as a rookie.

  4. #14
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    If Dallas loses tonight and falls to 8-8, does that impact our draft slot or doesn't it matter? I'm leaving Pittsburgh now and will be listening to SNF during the ride home and want to know if I should be doing the unthinkable and rooting for Dallas (I sure hope not).

    i've read(message board) it doesnt matter. strentgh of scedule gives us the 17th pick

  5. #15
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    is the draft tomorrow?
    It started after week 1.

  6. #16
    Legend

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    i've read(message board) it doesnt matter. strentgh of scedule gives us the 17th pick
    Thanks for the info.


    NFL player locker room talk: Discussing what can be done about racial inequality and criminal justice reform.

    Presidential locker room talk: Discussing involuntary gynecological exams.

    According to the highest office in the country, some "very fine people" marched with torches in a violent protest in Charlottesville, but participating in a non-violent protest on a football field means you are an S.O.B. who should be fired.

  7. #17
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    I just saw an article showing us picking 14th???

    In the end, I could be wrong- not the first time, but after watching today's game and hearing a few things in the local media, they MAY just bring back Wallace (franchise him) and maybe even Hampton- at a reduced rate. Hampton had a decent game and season for the most part, and he really doesn't want to leave Pittsburgh. He's definitely sounding like he wants to keep playing- wherever. I really think we need a big time RB, since our last 1st rd RB never panned out. However, there aren't any right now worthy of a 1st round pick. I say a playmaker that can get to the QB- LB. Or a Safety...? I'm leaning LB since Harrison may not be back based on his salary hit. Gonna need a stud at OLB... How aobut the dude from LSU?
    Last edited by pfelix73; 12-30-2012 at 11:56 PM.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

    2012 MNF Executive Champion






  8. #18
    Pro Bowler

    User Info Menu

    To Dee Dub and others. When has the Steelers drafted with an eye to having a rookie start for a fact? Pouncy was going to have a chance at guard but was good enough to not start at center. I think that was just a bonus. They draft for the future or so it seems to me. Do they plan or hope the rookies can help out, I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a great player like Troy P just because he is not ready to start as a rookie.

  9. #19
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    Chance Warmack, G, Ala.
    He's probably not in the range of where the Steelers will be drafting. I've seen him top 10 and as high as 5th overall.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

  10. #20
    Hall of Famer

    User Info Menu

    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    To Dee Dub and others. When has the Steelers drafted with an eye to having a rookie start for a fact? Pouncy was going to have a chance at guard but was good enough to not start at center. I think that was just a bonus. They draft for the future or so it seems to me. Do they plan or hope the rookies can help out, I hope so. I don't want to miss out on a great player like Troy P just because he is not ready to start as a rookie.
    There are players in this draft who could start immediately in the NFL. It is all based on whether or not the Steelers want that. Remember Ben Roethlisberger was going to sit his entire year behind Tommy Maddox? It is an organizational philosophy. If the Steelers really want an immediate starter then they will have to change that philosophy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

    1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •