Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: Trade Down!!

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578

    Trade Down!!

    If the Rams hold off the Seahawks looks as if the Steelers will be drafting 16th overall. If not, 17th. From what I see at or around that spot there isn't a player who can come in in 2013 and play all that much right off the bat. Eric Reid? Would be a solid pick but with Clark and Polamalu returning, Reid doesn't see much action in year one. Jesse Williams? Another solid pick but does he really see all that much action in year one?

    The good news is with the Saints and Browns not having second round picks the Steelers move up two spots. Should be the 46th overall pick. I think this would be a great year to have multiple second round picks. Just gotta find a dance partner.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  2. #2
    Legend
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Inside Your Head
    Posts
    10,391
    Every time we pick, I always think there's a couple guys that we could choose. So I always think we should trade down and then take whoever is left. You could talk me into trading down almost every time we pick. There's a few exceptions, but I never feel like going down 5-10 picks really makes that big a difference once you get out of the first 5-10 picks.

  3. #3
    When the Steelers drafted in the teens lately, we've scored Timmons and Pouncey...

    I'm not worried about an immediate contributor...just get the best player...

  4. #4
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,108
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    If the Rams hold off the Seahawks looks as if the Steelers will be drafting 16th overall. If not, 17th. From what I see at or around that spot there isn't a player who can come in in 2013 and play all that much right off the bat. Eric Reid? Would be a solid pick but with Clark and Polamalu returning, Reid doesn't see much action in year one. Jesse Williams? Another solid pick but does he really see all that much action in year one?

    The good news is with the Saints and Browns not having second round picks the Steelers move up two spots. Should be the 46th overall pick. I think this would be a great year to have multiple second round picks. Just gotta find a dance partner.
    Based on recent Troy injury history, a new safety may get plenty of opportunity to play next season....

  5. #5
    Hall of Famer Mister Pittsburgh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    When the Steelers drafted in the teens lately, we've scored Timmons and Pouncey...

    I'm not worried about an immediate contributor...just get the best player...
    This ^^^^......although I find it real real hard to believe it should take more than Mimi camps and a training camp to get a NT like Jesse Williams starting.

  6. #6
    I think we need a NT. He could be on the team. Also can't see the Steelers having 3 first rounds on the D-line. But if a NT is BPA that is who you pick. I do not think you need a rookie starter. I hope he can contribute but not needing him to be the guy. Pick BPA.

  7. #7
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,578
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    This ^^^^......although I find it real real hard to believe it should take more than Mimi camps and a training camp to get a NT like Jesse Williams starting.
    Well with him having an injured knee right now that may be a problem.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  8. #8
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,569
    Quote Originally Posted by SS Laser View Post
    I think we need a NT. He could be on the team. Also can't see the Steelers having 3 first rounds on the D-line. But if a NT is BPA that is who you pick. I do not think you need a rookie starter. I hope he can contribute but not needing him to be the guy. Pick BPA.
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

    Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    Playing Fantasy Football does not qualify you to be the in the front office or on the coaching staff of the Pittsburgh Steelers. They are professionals and you are not!

  9. #9
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    3,269
    is the draft tomorrow?

  10. #10
    Pro Bowler skyhawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Will a Nose Tackle, or any other defensive player, play as a rookie? Unlikely.

    Fix the OL with an OG or OT and they will actually be on the field as a rookie learning and contributing. Until we fix the OL we will not be the type of offense we are capable of being.
    Chance Warmack, G, Ala.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •