Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The few who do deserve kudos

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I do think it's fair to pin the W/L record on Ben just because he's the QB. We lost 5 games by 3 points. If he gets us 3+ points in one of those games, we're playing next week. Not all his fault, but it probably means he had to make 1 more play. Or 1 less mistake.

His stats were fine. Unfortunately his mistakes often came at the worst possible times. And he seemed to lose a bit of that clutch gene of his. Hopefully an offseason with Haley will help those 2 get on the same page and get this ironed out going forward.

I'm not saying there isn't a lot of blame to go around. But everyone of those losses, Ben also took the blame himself.
    Yes. I distinctly recall a quote from Roethlisberger after the 2009 season and passing for over 4000 yds that there was nothing wrong with the offense. Yet they went 9-7 that season and were average in scoring offense. This season really did come down to a few plays (and maybe even a few missed field goals!). Otherwise they are playing next week for another title.

Oh well. Time to talk about next season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    #1. Timmons. He had a breakout season. He was everything they hoped when they drafted him. He didn't let himself get all fat and out of shape, ala Woodley. He played well all season.

#2. Lewis. Finally a young DB developed.

#3. Allen, see above.

#4. Heath.

#5. Clark. Biggest reason the D held it together with all the injuries as it did.

Those who didn't cut it this year.

Ben, Wallace, most of O line, Polamalu, Tomlin, Haley.
    Timmons was best player all season long
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

I am excited about Timmons' performance this year and am hoping to see a similar leap from Worilds. Played well overall this year and am looking for more out of him next year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Timmons, Clark, and Heath should all be in the Pro bowl. the fact that the Chiefs have 5 pro bowlers is a farce.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

BEN was a pretty good QB this year....just not CLUTCH!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Yes. I distinctly recall a quote from Roethlisberger after the 2009 season and passing for over 4000 yds that there was nothing wrong with the offense. Yet they went 9-7 that season and were average in scoring offense. This season really did come down to a few plays (and maybe even a few missed field goals!). Otherwise they are playing next week for another title.

Oh well. Time to talk about next season.
    Dont you think that maybe it also may have had something to do with the fact the team lost 2 out 3 games when Ben was injured? Win won of those and they are in the playoffs.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    BEN was a pretty good QB this year....just not CLUTCH!!
    He got hurt. It was his throwing shoulder. Might have had something to do with that. Before the injury he was on pace to have the greatest season statistically a Steeler QB ever had.

But I guess all that gets lost with certain fans. Gotta have a fall guy.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Timmons was best player all season long
    Not really. He was pretty much a no-show against OAK, TEN, and NYG, to name a few. (of course, there is always the argument about how he was used....)

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Not really. He was pretty much a no-show against OAK, TEN, and NYG, to name a few. (of course, there is always the argument about how he was used....)
    Just because you think he was a no show doesn't mean he wasn't the best player all season long....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Just because you think he was a no show doesn't mean he wasn't the best player all season long....
    Ryan Clark gets my vote on D. Showed up every game (that he could play in).