Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: The few who do deserve kudos

  1. #41
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by raycafan View Post
    "Those came after he got injured. And maybe you didn't hear it but he injured his throwing shoulder? Hello?" Dee Dub, not trying to start an argument, but Ben did throw a pick in game 1 of the season. So he left a few out there this year, just was not what we have come to expect, playing wise from him.
    Ben threw 8 picks all year. 8 picks. Because he threw a couple of critical ones at the end of the year (they came also after he hurt his throwing shoulder), fans are questioning whether he is clutch anymore and even have the nerve to say he had a down/bad year?

    I dont get it. 3265 yards, 26 TD's, 8 INT's, 63.3 completion percentage, and a a 97.0 QBR says a whole different story.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ben threw 8 picks all year. 8 picks. Because he threw a couple of critical ones at the end of the year (they came also after he hurt his throwing shoulder), fans are questioning whether he is clutch anymore and even have the nerve to say he had a down/bad year?

    I dont get it. 3265 yards, 26 TD's, 8 INT's, 63.3 completion percentage, and a a 97.0 QBR says a whole different story.

    The statistics you cited don't tell the whole story. Check out Ben's 4th quarter statistics for the season, and his stats in potential game-winning situations. Not saying he can't rebound next season, but for an objective observer, it ought to be obvious--Ben wasn't clutch this season.

    As far as the injury excuse? Both Ben and Tomlin said the injury wasn't an issue in regard to Ben's performance after his return.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 01-01-2013 at 04:19 PM.

  3. #43
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    The statistics you cited don't tell the whole story. Check out Ben's 4th quarter statistics for the season, and his stats in potential game-winning situations. Way down. Not saying he can't rebound next season, but for an objective observer, it ought to be obvious--Ben wasn't clutch this season.
    Steelers were 6-3 and coming off a clutch win on the road versus the defending Super Bowl Champs. Ben was on pace to shatter every Steeler single season QB stats. He was being mentioned for MVP. Then Ben got hurt. The performances versus Dallas and Cincinnati played a huge part in your 4th quarter statistics for Ben. Both games happened after the injury.

    Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    As far as the injury excuse? Both Ben and Tomlin said the injury wasn't an issue in regard to Ben's performance after his return.
    I bet we will learn more about this in the off season.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  4. #44
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,223
    There is a big difference between playing "hurt" and playing "injured". Ben probably was not injured when he returned, but he most certainly was hurt... and it showed.

  5. #45
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Look, most of us can just apply an eye test and clearly SEE that Ben stunk it up when he came back. I don't think being injured makes you throw passes right into the chest of a defender to lose games. I find it telling that a near-40-year-old Batch guts out a win in Balt. but Ben couldn't find 1 more win to send Pgh into the post season. That is crappy play; forget the rest of the numbers. Ben resorted to being Bone Head Ben, and it ruined the season.

  6. #46
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,587
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Look, most of us can just apply an eye test and clearly SEE that Ben stunk it up when he came back. I don't think being injured makes you throw passes right into the chest of a defender to lose games. I find it telling that a near-40-year-old Batch guts out a win in Balt. but Ben couldn't find 1 more win to send Pgh into the post season. That is crappy play; forget the rest of the numbers. Ben resorted to being Bone Head Ben, and it ruined the season.
    We get lloydroid. You hate Ben. To say "Ben resorted to being Bone Head Ben", says it all. To say that He is the one who ruined the season is a ridiculous as ridiculous could be.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Strong! As in....

    1-Jaelen Strong WR Arizona State

  7. #47
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    We get lloydroid. You hate Ben. To say "Ben resorted to being Bone Head Ben", says it all. To say that He is the one who ruined the season is a ridiculous as ridiculous could be.
    You are in "Ben love denial." Did you not watch the Cinci and Dallas games? Must wins, that were lost with Bone Head plays, hence, the moniker, "Bone Head Ben." It's simply fitting and appropriate.

  8. #48
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    There is a big difference between playing "hurt" and playing "injured". Ben probably was not injured when he returned, but he most certainly was hurt... and it showed.
    The most obvious part of Ben poor play was in his head, not his shoulder. Unless a shoulder injury hurts your vision, you can't make the excuse of an injury for his game-losing ways. In both games vs. Cinci and Dallas, he threw idiotic, game-losing pics to lose the game. Had nothing to do with his shoulder; had everything to do with him being careless and stupid. The D holds Cinci to 3 points without Ben being Bone Head Ben. It cost us the season. Not acceptable and, no, I don't care that he "apologized" to each player after wards. Too late, too little, and just a PR stunt. Nothing else. I hope people jeer him all over town, if he has the balls to show up in public.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •