Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steelers signing Priority's

Legend

User Info Menu

I personally have had enough of seeing Gilbert manhandled and flopping around on teammates knees and legs. The guy needs to get a lot stronger at the point of contact. The Steelers trainer really has his work cut out for him next year. While the team cannot mandate training in some cases, they need guys that will take it on their own shoulders to improve themselves.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I personally have had enough of seeing Gilbert manhandled and flopping around on teammates knees and legs. The guy needs to get a lot stronger at the point of contact. The Steelers trainer really has his work cut out for him next year. While the team cannot mandate training in some cases, they need guys that will take it on their own shoulders to improve themselves.
    As I have said many times, neither Gilbert OR Adams are sure things. Need to continue to invest picks in the OL. Chance Warmack in Round 1! Plus resign Starks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    How about a mid-round QB draft pick like Zac Dysert from Miami (OH)? He is second in all their record books to a guy named Ben Roethlisberger.
    Checking out his stats, big kid. Would be an interesting pick. It is time to groom a #2 QB.

Legend

User Info Menu

Of the Steelers who will be UFAs, I think that Lewis is obviously the top priority. For me, Starks is a close second.

Mike Wallace creates an interesting problem. If he leaves with nothing coming back in return, the Steelers will be very weak at WR next year. Sanders has shown that he is, at best, a #3, Cotchery is a solid veteran possession receiver but not a threat to defenses, and Brown would be very weak if called on to be a #1 WR. If Wallace leaves as a UFA, the best the Steelers do is a #3 or #4 supplemental pick in 2014 and WR shoots to the top of their needs.