Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all of those who live in de Burg.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Calling all of those who live in de Burg.

I call out to all Steeler fans who live in the area: IF you see Tomlin or Ben or Wallace or Colbert, I implore you call to boo and heckle these people as much as possible. Make them pay for creating such an embarrassing season. They need to hear the wrath of Steeler fan. They need to know that putting forth such a lame effort is not to be tolerated. Boo them. At every turn. Make them not to want to show their faces in public. Heck, let the Rooneys know as well.

I am disgusted by the fact that NOW Ben is all boo hoo and sorry for the turd of a season. Oh gee whiz, he apologized to everyone after the fact. Worthless. If he really cared that much, he would have been more focused and not thrown pic 6's that lose the game - not thrown interceptions that directly led to losses against Dallas and Cinci. If they don't feel accountable for their lack of effort, they need to know the fans won't tolerate this crap anymore. Coach Tomlin must have been fine with Woodely being 20 lbs too fat, or why was it allowed to happen? I just saw "A Football Life" featuring Tom Coughlin. In the behind-the-scenes clips, he was constantly on every player who was overweight; constantly telling them what their target weight was and that they HAD TO get down to it. Tomlin must not do this, as, not only Woodley was too heavy, but half of the O line was, as well as Polamalu when he came back. NOT acceptable. Colon is constantly over above ideal playing weight, and yet, all he does is soak up more checks, and get injured, partly - or completely - due to him being far too fat.

Let them hear it. Throw in some "So are you going to actually apply some discipline to the team this year, coach or just allow the team to function in a lazy, uncaring fashion?" Ask Ben, "Are you going to bother to apply some effort this year Ben, or are you going to continue to play unfocused and throwing game-losing pics?" Or, just boo them, in general. They will get the message. I implore all of you: Let them all know that their lack of effort is not acceptable. I can't wait until they start cutting players. They better send some serious messages that this slather, lazy, lackadaisical approach will not be tolerated. Art 2 better cut out each and every part of the problem. No exceptions. And the fans need to do their part - heckle these people at every single chance. It is up to you to send a clear message. Thank you in advance for making a difference.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I live in the Burgh, but I won't be going to the game, just chillin@ home with the big screen.
    I feel your frustration lloydroid, but come spring when you get the lawnmower out you'll forget all about this underachieving season.
    Relax, have a can of beast and enjoy the remainder of the season of football.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I live in the Burgh, but I won't be going to the game, just chillin@ home with the big screen.
    I feel your frustration lloydroid, but come spring when you get the lawnmower out you'll forget all about this underachieving season.
    Relax, have a can of beast and enjoy the remainder of the season of football.
    The degree of disappointment may subside somewhat, depending how I perceive how appropriate their moves are. If they don't clean house, I will be further ticked off, not less. I do plan on enjoying the rest of the season, including the Dallas-Washington game this week and the play offs after that. I won't let the embarrassing and revolting Steelers ruin the rest of the season for me. They have dishonored themselves, not me.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Starting to think you aren't really a Steeler fan......or that you are 14 years old.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Starting to think you aren't really a Steeler fan......or that you are 14 years old.
    Only a real fan would find this embarrassment of a team unacceptable. If you are fine with the lack of focus, effort, etc. you must not be a real fan.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I don't believe the team had a lack of effort, focus yeah, on some of those drops by the WR's. If you watched the Bengal game our defense was outstanding, against the run and pass. The offense struggled yes, The Bengals led the league in sacks I believe so it was hard to pass on them and they were stuffing the run game of ours too. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit too, but I thing the Steelers gave all they had but it wasn't good enough.
    I'm disappointed as dissapointed as the next fan, but I'm not going to dwell on it and boo my team. I'll watch the playoffs and look forward to the draft and next season.
    As for the playoffs, I'll root for Peyton Manning and the Bronco's. What a comeback he made, the guy is like a coach on the field.
    In the NFC, while I don't think they will make it I'll root for Seattle. heck if they were playing at home I think they would be the favorite to reach the SB, but they'll be on the road with a rookie QB.

Btw, we're going to smash the Browns, I see us shutting them down and we exit the season on a good note!

Rookie

User Info Menu

Lloydroid u need to relax. I don't think u would do that to their face. Believe me im as frustrated as u . It was 1year. They are not the Pirates
    . I think they will be back next year. We r spoiled as fans of the Steelers.

Legend

User Info Menu

Did you ever see the movie, Big Fan with Patton Oswald? You guys would like that. He's a nut fan beyond all of us and has an encounter with one of his heros.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Only a real fan would find this embarrassment of a team unacceptable. If you are fine with the lack of focus, effort, etc. you must not be a real fan.
    We are 7-8 and lost 5 of those 8 by 3 points. We lost the first game o the year in a bad defeat to the team that is more than likely the #1 seed in the AFC. We lost two other early games while Troy was out, Hampton was coming back from his ACL, and Harrison was out. We lost two games with Ben out and then when he came back he clearly is not himself. Our offensive line was struck by injuries from the start, every WR we have has had injuries, our DB's have been really banged up as well. Maybe you don't want to see it but thre are good reasons we weren't a strong team this year...some may argue we should of lost more Han 8 games with all the injuries we endured.

It was a tough year, no doubt, but to sit here and bring nothing but negative remarks to the discussion including calling for people to boo the players and coach to their face is beyond ridiculous. This team has kicked butt more than every other team over the past decade. You have gotten more out of cheering for the Pittsburgh Steelers over that span than fans of any other team. So to sit there and act like you have been disrespected as a fan by the team you cheer for because they had a down year is the definition of acting like a spoiled little brat. Get over it. Trust that the Steelers brass gets the roster adjusted to get back on track next year.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm driving 5+ hours (each way) in the snow to get to the game tomorrow, and I will continue to cheer my team on. If I am lucky enough to be able to see Tomlin or Ben or Wallace or Colbert, I would be overjoyed to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy being a Steeler fan. The idea of walking up to another human being and booing them in their face over a game is downright ridiculous.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.