Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calling all of those who live in de Burg.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    I'm driving 5+ hours (each way) in the snow to get to the game tomorrow, and I will continue to cheer my team on. If I am lucky enough to be able to see Tomlin or Ben or Wallace or Colbert, I would be overjoyed to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy being a Steeler fan. The idea of walking up to another human being and booing them in their face over a game is downright ridiculous.
    Well said.......

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

^^^^^EXACTLY ^^^^^

Meeting one such as those mentioned, there's NO WAY that I would stoop so low as to embarrass another human being like that just for a sport.

That's just childish on your part (the one who started this thread) to post such a thing.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I don't believe the team had a lack of effort, focus yeah, on some of those drops by the WR's. If you watched the Bengal game our defense was outstanding, against the run and pass. The offense struggled yes, The Bengals led the league in sacks I believe so it was hard to pass on them and they were stuffing the run game of ours too. Sometimes you have to give the other team credit too, but I thing the Steelers gave all they had but it wasn't good enough.
    I'm disappointed as dissapointed as the next fan, but I'm not going to dwell on it and boo my team. I'll watch the playoffs and look forward to the draft and next season.
    As for the playoffs, I'll root for Peyton Manning and the Bronco's. What a comeback he made, the guy is like a coach on the field.
    In the NFC, while I don't think they will make it I'll root for Seattle. heck if they were playing at home I think they would be the favorite to reach the SB, but they'll be on the road with a rookie QB.

Btw, we're going to smash the Browns, I see us shutting them down and we exit the season on a good note!
    Actually, I don't have so much blame on the D. They had some break downs late to lose some of those games, but the D had to be heroic all season just for this team to have a chance. In many of the games, in the 2nd half, the D just totally shut down the opposing O, big time. Plus having to learn how to play well sans 92 and 43 is not easy task, having lose two DMVP at once. But I just can't get the image of Wallace just not bothering to put forth a decent effort, almost ever. He is a POS and I will rejoice when he is officially out of Pgh for good. And Ben, and his careless, seat-of-his-pants ways is infuriating.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm driving 5+ hours (each way) in the snow to get to the game tomorrow, and I will continue to cheer my team on. If I am lucky enough to be able to see Tomlin or Ben or Wallace or Colbert, I would be overjoyed to shake their hands and tell them how much I enjoy being a Steeler fan. The idea of walking up to another human being and booing them in their face over a game is downright ridiculous.
    It's your choice, but they deserve to hear boos and jeers. The care less about the game than us fans, who actually pay their salaries. No fans, no nothing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Can I buy you a ticket to a game next year and have you dress up in the opponent's colors? I'd like to introduce you then to some REAL Stiller fans out in the parking lot.....

6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Can I buy you a ticket to a game next year and have you dress up in the opponent's colors? I'd like to introduce you then to some REAL Stiller fans out in the parking lot.....

I would never wear opponent's gear.

Legend

User Info Menu

The coaches and players of this team deserve better then what some fans have to offer. It's almost like some people forgot the recent success this organization had. People that let disappointing seasons ruin their overall view of the organization, players, and coaches will never be satisfied. There is no hope for those kinds of fans (even if they are fans).

Starter

User Info Menu

Disagree that the coaches and players "deserve" better simply because of recent successes (doesn't mean I support booing them or harassing them around town either). This is a team that had a core group of players capable of winning Superbowls from the end of the Cowher era until now. That window is all but closed now. In another year or so, only Ben will remain and we have to hope we'll be able to rebuild in time to reach another SB while he still is capable of playing.

Yeah, we've had some successes. We've also had incredible failures. Missing the playoffs the year following a SB win in 2006 and 2009 and now this year's debacle. The Steelers can do better that this and they should be held accountable as an organization (management, coaches and players) when they squander a season like they did this one. Injuries were a big part of it, but so were mental mistakes, bad attitudes and poor leadership. I expect better and that is one of the reasons why I am proud to be a Steelers fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Every time I see this thread it makes me chuckle. It kinda reminds me of the kid in this commercial for some reason.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The Steelers finished the 2006 season 8-8 a year removed from winning the Superbowl and they were healthier that year then they were this year. Should fans of gone up to Cowher and the players and booed them to their face?