Round 3 SS Robert Lester from Alabama 6 Foot 2 212 lbs
    Round 4 ILB Kiko Alonso from Oregon 6 Foot 3 242 lbs
    Round 5 WR Cody Hoffman from Brigham Young 6 Foot 3 215 lbs
    Round 6 DT Anthony Rashad White from Michigan State 6 Foot 2 330 lbs
    Round 7 FS C.J. Barnett from Ohio State 6 Foot 202 lbs

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Round 1 OLB Barkevious Mingo from LSU 6 Foot 4 240 lbs
    Mingo is listed as the 12th-best player on CBS Sports. I am kind of surprised he is listed that high, since he is considered raw, having only played football since his Jr. year in high school. He must have blazing speed. I know it's premature, since the prospects will move around in ranking quite a bit after the combine. But the way things are now, this pick looks like the best value at about where we will be picking. OLB Jarvis Jones out of GA will be a top 5 picks, as will CB Dee Millner, AL so we won't likely be in position to grab those guys. But this guy is NOT that big and may get owned at the point of attack in the rushing D. He does seem pretty instinctive though. But I don't know if the Steelers would draft a guy who struggles against the rush, though. They even want their CBs to take on rushing plays, not to mention, their OLBs! There are tons of DL and OL listing in that area, but I highly doubt they go with either in the first round, being that if we get everyone healthy, and sign Starks, it won't be viewed as much of a need. This kid is rumored to run a sub 4.5 40. If so, he will go top 10.

Round 2 RB Eddie Lacy from Alabama 5 Foot 10 220 lbs
    Most sites have Lacy going around 60th pick, so Pgh taking him in their 2nd might be a little of a reach. But I'd love to see him in a Steeler uni. This dude is a horse. However, there will be some really good CB and safeties at that spot. Phillip Thomas might be there, and he led the NCAA with 8 pics. He also took 3 back to the house. They might choose to go with a pick like that, being that our entire D sucks at picking off passes. We need some play makers in the backfield, desperately.

Round 3 SS Robert Lester from Alabama 6 Foot 2 212 lbs
    If they don't get a S before this pick, Lester would be a solid pick here. They must get some form of DB within the first 3 rounds, I would think.

Round 4 ILB Kiko Alonso from Oregon 6 Foot 3 242 lbs
    If they go ILB here, I might like to see them go with Nico Johnson, AL. However, if Spense looks healthy, (who know?) they may not go ILB this early. If Ta'alu doesn't look like the answer, they may have to go NT within the first 4 rounds.

Round 5 WR Cody Hoffman from Brigham Young 6 Foot 3 215 lbs
    I think I would go Chris Harper, KS, here if he is still there, and he might be. I think he will make a better pro than Hoffman. Harper is 6-1 with 4.4 speed. Makes plays.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

If we take Mingo, we won't get anything out of him season 1. Can we afford that? Or is it simply the Steelers way so it's irrelevant? Mingo is not thick enough to handle every down at OLB; he is too thin and will get shoved around my NFL linemen.