Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Starting at ILB with Timmons next year: Larry Grant.

  1. #1
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381

    Starting at ILB with Timmons next year: Larry Grant.

    This guy should be a low-cost veteran free agent bargain for the Steelers. Think Ryan Clark.

    He started three games for the 49'ers last year in place of Patrick Willis. He excelled in these three starts in the 3-4. He's an upgraded Larry Foote. He can cover and stuff the run.

    Larry-Grant.jpg

    6'1 250 lbs. 28 yrs of age.

    2011 Stat line = 32 tackles. 2 sacks. 1 forced fumble. 5 passes defended in three starts.

  2. #2
    Hall of Famer Dee Dub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4,534
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This guy should be a low-cost veteran free agent bargain for the Steelers. Think Ryan Clark.

    He started three games for the 49'ers last year in place of Patrick Willis. He excelled in these three starts in the 3-4. He's an upgraded Larry Foote. He can cover and stuff the run.

    Larry-Grant.jpg

    6'1 250 lbs. 28 yrs of age.

    2011 Stat line = 32 tackles. 2 sacks. 1 forced fumble. 5 passes defended in three starts.
    Great fill a hole with a mediocre player. Rob I would think you would want more for your Steelers than that ..but we know you have motive.

    Get your hand out of my pocket!!!

    That is what Malcolm X's assassins yelled as a distraction right before they killed him.


    Steelers 2014 Draft

    1--Justin Gilbert CB Oklahoma State
    2--Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3-- -- Traded --
    3B--C.J. Fiedorwicz TE Iowa
    4--Jordan Tripp ILB Montana
    5--Brent Urban DE Virginia
    6--Michael Schofield OT Michigan
    7--Kadeem Edwards OG Tennessee State









  3. #3
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Great fill a hole with a mediocre player. Rob I would think you would want more for your Steelers than that ..but we know you have motive.

    Get your hand out of my pocket!!!

    That is what Malcolm X's assassins yelled as a distraction right before they killed him.
    . Larry Grant is going to be a good pick-up for somebody. He wants to start somewhere. He has shown he can play very very well in the middle of a 3-4.

    Hell he destroyed the Steelers last year. Or did you not watch that game?

    Why not sign a bargain that is an upgrade and save your draft picks.

  4. #4
    Legend hawaiiansteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Hawaii 5-0
    Posts
    14,095
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    . Larry Grant is going to be a good pick-up for somebody. He wants to start somewhere. He has shown he can play very very well in the middle of a 3-4.

    Hell he destroyed the Steelers last year. Or did you not watch that game?

    Why not sign a bargain that is an upgrade and save your draft picks.
    and because he is a veteran it may not take him 3 years to learn LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...

  5. #5
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and because he is a veteran it may not take him 3 years to learn LeBeau's complicated defensive schemes...
    Yah Yah Yah

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •