Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Woodley please?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I just don't understand what these guys spend their money on!!

I'd have 3 personal trainers, 1 live in chiro/LMT, 2 personal cooks and fridge full of organic food.

But i guess 100 pairs of sneakers, 3 sports cars and collection of solid gold kung fu swords are more important.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Woodley is overwight and it's conributing to his lackluster season. You need speed@ OLB, how in the hell are you going to have speed with the weight he has?

It would be like telling Pouncey to run routes in the passing game.

I like Lamar and he's proven he can be a great player, I would suggest larmar train like no other season, and put the bowling ball down and concentrate on his job.

Legend

User Info Menu

lamar fooloed us all. played his heart out, kept his mouth shut and got the huge contract. as soon as he got the payday, he quit. lamar does his toughing on twitter and facebook now. we are swrewed for anumber of years now because of the contract and restructure. woodley played it perfect to get the $. i am shocked that he turned out to be this type of person. i really thought woodley was a player. pissed now that i bought his jersey a few years ago.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    lamar fooloed us all. played his heart out, kept his mouth shut and got the huge contract. as soon as he got the payday, he quit. lamar does his toughing on twitter and facebook now. we are swrewed for anumber of years now because of the contract and restructure. woodley played it perfect to get the $. i am shocked that he turned out to be this type of person. i really thought woodley was a player. pissed now that i bought his jersey a few years ago.
    He has proven to have zero integrity and honor. As soon as he got the $, he quit trying. He represents the giant embarrassment that this team has turned into. The team is broken, and players like him, with attitudes like him, are the reasons why. Also, having a head coach who can't control such crappy attitudes has also led to this team being a total embarrassment.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    My thoughts on Fat Boy, he took the money and ran and because he's on three defensive side of the ball in which the team love he will come in fat again and remain on the roster forever.
    Just like Gildong, Kirkland, et al. This team lacks the stones to make the right personnel moves when it needs to. Once they become "buddies" with players, they let the players walk all over them. It was that way under Cowher and it is still that way with Tomlin, meaning it is the OWNERSHIP that chooses to operate this way, not the coaches.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Just like Gildong, Kirkland, et al. This team lacks the stones to make the right personnel moves when it needs to. Once they become "buddies" with players, they let the players walk all over them. It was that way under Cowher and it is still that way with Tomlin, meaning it is the OWNERSHIP that chooses to operate this way, not the coaches.
    I've coached at the college level. It's like that no matter where you go.
    There is no place for "man crushes" in football.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I' not sure what you mean. When you say it's "like that every where" do you mean the team gets to be buddies with players and then fail to hold their feet to the fire with things like being overweight? I really don't see anyone on Tom Coughlin's teams to be allowed to get away with that, if that's what you meant. Heck, my high school team didn't even let players do that. "What's your weight? What's your weight? What is your target weight? How many pounds to you need to lose? What are you eating? What did you have for lunch today? Stick to eating fruits and veggies, lay off the fat. Eat salad, not pasta."

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    He has proven to have zero integrity and honor. As soon as he got the $, he quit trying. He represents the giant embarrassment that this team has turned into. The team is broken, and players like him, with attitudes like him, are the reasons why. Also, having a head coach who can't control such crappy attitudes has also led to this team being a total embarrassment.
    Agree with you on both points. If we had a stronger head coach, the fix would be easier. With the current leadership, it's a more difficult road.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    where did you coach?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Million dollar men should not need an iron thumb to do what is needed and earn there money. One reason the steelers keep vets around forever. Harrison, Ike, Keisel and Polamalu do the offseason work. Antonio Brown followed Ike to do offseason work. Hood did offseason work also. Coaches need to guide the players. Players then need to do what is needed. Some will and stick around. Wallace and Mendy do not seem like they will do all the little things. Woodley better get healthy and do all the off season work. Or he will be on another team at some point.