Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Woodley please?

Legend

User Info Menu

Your thoughts on Woodley please?

[URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4224/lamarr-woodley"]LaMarr Woodley[/URL]
    8/5/2011: Signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract. The deal contains $22.5 million guaranteed, including a $13 million signing bonus, first-year "option" bonus of $4.4 million, and Woodley's first-year base salary.
    2012: $700,000 (+ $8.2 million "signing" bonus),
    2013: $9 million,
    2014: $8 million,
    2015: $8.5 million,
    2016: $9 million,
    2017: Free Agent

4 Sacks
    1 INT
    1 Forced Fumble
    1 Fumble Recovery

Lot of $$$ due to Mr. Woodley this upcoming year
    2nd year in a row he has dealt with injuries and the $$$ he will be due just isnt worth the stats.
    Is this a sign of the times for him?
    Anyone think the Steelers ask him to take a paycut?
    Lets face it, if the Steelers cant get any pressure on the other side then Woodley is pretty much screwed.
    With the chance that Harrison won't be back and Worilds proven hes better on the right, what do you see happening?
    Discuss
    Last edited by pittpete; 12-28-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    [URL="http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4224/lamarr-woodley"]LaMarr Woodley[/URL]
    8/5/2011: Signed a six-year, $61.5 million contract. The deal contains $22.5 million guaranteed, including a $13 million signing bonus, first-year "option" bonus of $4.4 million, and Woodley's first-year base salary.
    2012: $700,000 (+ $8.2 million "signing" bonus),
    2013: $9 million,
    2014: $8 million,
    2015: $8.5 million,
    2016: $9 million,
    2017: Free Agent

4 Sacks
    1 INT
    1 Forced Fumble
    1 Fumble Recovery

Lot of $$$ due to Mr. Woodley this upcoming year
    2nd year in a row he has dealt with injuries and the $$$ he will be due just isnt worth the stas.
    Is this a sign of the times for him?
    Anyone think the Steelers ask him to take a paycut?
    Lets face it, if the Steelers cant get any pressure on the other side then Woodley is pretty much screwed.
    With the chance that Harrison won't be back and Worilds proven hes better on the right, what do you see happening?
    Discuss
    It just all depends on what the front office thinks. If James Harrison agrees to be cut and re-sign at a very low contract. Maybe they look at cutting Gildon-Woodley.

However, I think perhaps this is the year Woodley gets serious about his conditioning as he needs to be and comes back with a 15 sack season.

I am hoping that Harrison gets cut and comes back at a very reasonable contract. Woodley/Harrison/Worilds is better than no Harrison.

Legend

User Info Menu

However, I think perhaps this is the year Woodley gets serious about his conditioning as he needs to be and comes back with a 15 sack season.
    That would be so kind of Gildley after signing that huge contract.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I honestly am leaning towards cutting him. He isn't putting in enough effort to justify his contract. He comes in way too fat and out of shape to be making $9 million next year. And he is a hamstring injury waiting to happen every year these days. Also, dumping him would send a much-needed message to this team: We won't tolerate lack of effort, whether that be on the field, or getting ready to play (conditioning, weight control). Now, if they were willing to try a 4-3 using him as a DE, I might be willing to give that a try. But as is, he misses too much playing time, partly because he is simply too fat, and when he does play, he no longer produces. Since when do you pay $9 million for that? If they allow it, they are morons.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maybe let him gain 10 more lbs. and switch to a 4-3 defense

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    It just all depends on what the front office thinks. If James Harrison agrees to be cut and re-sign at a very low contract. Maybe they look at cutting Gildon-Woodley.

I am hoping that Harrison gets cut and comes back at a very reasonable contract. Woodley/Harrison/Worilds is better than no Harrison.
    Harrison was rounding into his old self lately, as opposed to Woodley, who has done jack crap this season, whether he is playing or not. I think James will be ready to rock next year. And a healthy Harrison is as good as ANY LB in the NFL. He just is outstanding.

Rookie

User Info Menu

I think Woodley and Troy are in similar situations. They each need to reevaluate how they're preparing for the season. Troy should be done training with Marinovich. As for Woodley, if you've been plagued by hamstring injuries, make it your job in the offseason to investigate every feasible solution for getting your hamstrings to hold up over a 16 game schedule. Whatever it takes, that's what you do. You got your money, now put in the work needed to justify it. Find the best physical conditioning program you can and immerse yourself in it. I don't think either one of these guys has done enough to help themselves with injuries. I understand injuries often just happen, but you have to do everything you can to prevent them. If you know your hammies are giving out on you, find out why. If your calf is becoming a problem area, find out why. Try and fix things because what you're doing now isn't working.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    Maybe let him gain 10 more lbs. and switch to a 4-3 defense
    I am open to that. But to bring him back as an OLB in a 3-4 at $9 mill? No way.

Legend

User Info Menu

What are the cap implications concerning Woodley and his contract?
    Anyone know?
    If I'm looking at the contract correctly, he allready got his guaranteed $$$ in 2011 & 2012
    If he's cut the cap hit would be accelerated.
    13(signing bonus) divided by 6(length of contract) multiplied by 4(years left on contract) would come out to 8.6 million.
    Did I do this right?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JB13 View Post
    I think Woodley and Troy are in similar situations. They each need to reevaluate how they're preparing for the season. Troy should be done training with Marinovich.
    Troy didn't work out with Marinovich this offseason. He trained in Pittsburgh. Perhaps he should train with Ike. Taylor is always in top shape.