Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What a loss could accomplish.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would like to assert that this thread is funny as hell.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I would like to assert that this thread is funny as hell.
    Funny, but also full of ad hominem attacks, which, according to stated board rules, are not acceptable. I wonder if this means Big Rob is going to get booted? 3-4 personal attacks in this thread alone. I know the mods will not allow for the noncompliance of stated board rules. Even when I do something as slight as abbreviated curse words (where I don't spell out the entire word) I get warned for things as minor as that. So, I am sure the ad hominem attacks will be addressed. I know this board fully intends to practice fair and balanced management in enforcing board rules. It's the only way to proceed. Like Billie Jean said, "Fair is fair!"

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClVGVsXyY-c[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    In posts after the initial post, and I destroyed his assertions later as well. Be well. Have a nice day.
    Destroyed? Really?? Read it again, you did no such thing...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

ad hominem
    Isn't this what grits are made of?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Destroyed? Really?? Read it again, you did no such thing...
    Hey, I guess I can win this debate by adding more smiley faces than you have. Is that how it works?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hey, I guess I can win this debate by adding more smiley faces than you have. Is that how it works?
    No, but it would have helped if you made good points...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Isn't this what grits are made of?
    No, it's what people do when they can't win a debate based on content, logic or reason. In plain speak, it's when people resort to name calling and personal insults. Basically, if you are on a debate team, and you go there, you are FAIL.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    You don't think missing the playoffs is enough of a wake-up call? Did you not see Polamalu's comments? This point sucks too.
    I would of thought that getting their teeth kicked by Tim Tebow would of done the trick.....and. It's pretty odd hearing a 31 year old pro bowl SS mention all the other player other than himself when mentioning leaders and talking about offseason workout routines while he spent every season balancing on boards and swimming in the offseason only to end up banged up every year.
    Last edited by Mister Pittsburgh; 12-28-2012 at 07:14 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No, it's what people do when they can't win a debate based on content, logic or reason. In plain speak, it's when people resort to name calling and personal insults. Basically, if you are on a debate team, and you go there, you are FAIL.
    Debate team? You are in High School aren't you?

Your points are so ridiculous and sensationalized, why even attempt to respond with rational clear points? That's not what you are really looking to do. You want attention and controversy.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    I would of thought that getting their teeth kicked by Tim Tebow would of done the trick.....and. It's pretty odd hearing a 31 year old pro bowl SS mention all the other player other than himself when mentioning leaders and talking about offseason workout routines while he spent every season balancing on boards and swimming in the offseason only to end up banged up every year.
    True that. It was OK when Troy was highly productive, with his "unique" work outs, etc. But no that he is hurt all the time and barely produces, it is no longer "cool" for him and his "new wave" work outs. I also hope he does less commercials in the future; they aren't even funny and are kind of embarrassing.

[url]http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/3188480-74/polamalu-steelers-bowl#axzz2GOMjOvyV[/url]