Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What a loss could accomplish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    By my count, BigRob addresses all 5 of your points, not just one.
    In posts after the initial post, and I destroyed his assertions later as well. Be well. Have a nice day.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Wow. You really don't get it. Talk is cheap. Daunte Culpepper said he wanted to be the best QB to ever play the game, then he quickly got lazy, got fat and got kicked out of the league due to pure laziness. But hey, he _said_ he wanted to be the best ever, so that's all we need to know; he _said_ he wanted to be the best ever. Ben is no different. Big deal, he wants to win 5 rings, and then he goes out and throws game-losing pics, playing with carelessness. But hey, he _said_ he wanted to win 5 rings, so we should ignore that he plays so loosey goosey. Let's not go by what we actually see, in terms of reality; instead, let's go by what Ben says and take that to the bank. MMmm K? That sounds like a super plan. Way to go. Let's base things on what people say. Did Daunte Culpepper become the best QB to ever play the game yet?
    Ben's a bonehead, but did you really just compare a potential hall-of-famer to Daunte Culpepper? You make my point of your idiocy quite well on your own.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I destroyed his assertions later as well
    Have fun at school when Christmas break is over.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Damn, I swear you are two people with one account. Or you have multiple personalities.
    Be specific in your assertions instead of making vague, fuzzy semi-congruent points.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Have fun at school when Christmas break is over.
    You are now involved in ad hominem attacks. According to board rules, this is unacceptable.

You may, from time to time, find yourself in disagreement with someone else's opinion. At times like these, please keep in mind it's safer and more polite to take issue with the comments rather than the person.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the Planet Steelers community at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

I fully expect the mods to address this breaking of board rules. I await the warning or suspension of your account. The rules clearly state that no ad hominem attacks are allowed.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ben's a bonehead, but did you really just compare a potential hall-of-famer to Daunte Culpepper? You make my point of your idiocy quite well on your own.
    You are having trouble following along. Let me assist you. I didn't compare DC to Ben. I merely used a real-life example where what one says does not necessarily indicate that said individual will be willing to work hard enough towards stated objective. I never said the two players were comparable. Can you grasp this concept? Ben claims he wants to win 5 rings, and then goes out and plays unfocused and careless, hence, his actions do not reflect his stated goals. Culpepper also made a claim that he wanted to be the best QB ever, but also chose actions that conflicted with stated goal, hence, the example fits.

I will give another example to help you grasp this. Let's say you stated the goal of wanting to be in better shape than any of your family and friends. But, even though you stated this, you spent your time over-eating and not working out. See, just because you "stated" you wanted to be in the best shape of everyone you know, your actions did not reflect this stated goal. Same thing. Ben can say he wants to win 5 rings all he wants. But his actions do not necessarily reflect this. He doesn't seem willing to work as hard as needed to make this goal attainable. There is no way he is ever going to see 5 rings. He already blew one chance. And by carelessly throwing pics to lose games, he really isn't going to ever come close to 5 rings, whether he claims to want the rings or not.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ha ha. That is all.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The neighborhood is deteriorating. A blight has moved in.
    Last edited by DukieBoy; 12-28-2012 at 05:30 PM.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    let me help you out with this one:

Actually, the reason Herm isn't coaching in the NFL anymore is because he is a little too simplistic, as that quote confirms. Yea, you play to win the game, but sometimes losing leads to better long term futures. What if the Colts won a few more games last year? They wouldn't have Luck or RG3 and then how bright would their future look? Had they won a few more games, they would have ended up with a Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon. How would their future look if that was the case? Horrid.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Ha ha. That is all.
    This is the 3rd post with a personal insult. This breaks board rules.