Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What a loss could accomplish.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    I'm aware of the rivalry. Pretty sure it'll make little difference to what the Rooney's think of the season result, however.

All that being said, this is a completely new argument to your original points.
    No, go back and read how I said losing will help the team in the long run, however, I never said for them to lose on purpose. I merely stated how losing would help the team correct its current lazy, sloppy self. This team is a hot mess, losing to the likes of Cleveland, SD, TN and Oakland. That is a colossal embarrassment. And they should all feel sick to their stomachs about being so unfocused, sloppy and lazy. It is pathetic. Clean house. Do whatever needs to be done to get this team respectable instead of being the biggest embarrassment to the city - more embarrassing than the Pirates.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    No, go back and read how I said losing will help the team in the long run, however, I never said for them to lose on purpose. I merely stated how losing would help the team correct its current lazy, sloppy self. This team is a hot mess, losing to the likes of Cleveland, SD, TN and Oakland. That is a colossal embarrassment. And they should all feel sick to their stomachs about being so unfocused, sloppy and lazy. It is pathetic. Clean house. Do whatever needs to be done to get this team respectable instead of being the biggest embarrassment to the city - more embarrassing than the Pirates.
    IMO, the only thing a loss "accomplishes" is that changes need to be made. But I think that was already very obvious before this last game is even played. Those changes are already likely in the planning stages if for no other reason than the salary cap will demand them. I will add that the Browns likely have a lot more motivation to win this game than the Steelers do. It is likely they are about to go through another coaching overhaul and a loss would probably seal the deal for Shurmur and Co.

Legend

User Info Menu

I never said for them to not try. I merely factually listed the advantages of a loss; no where did I suggest the team not try.
    .Yesterday, 12:24 PM #16 lloydroid

Yea screw pride. That was supposed to mean something when the games meant something. They were an embarrassment this year, so lose, and lose in disgrace, so some REAL changes will go down.
    Sound familiar yet?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    IMO, the only thing a loss "accomplishes" is that changes need to be made. But I think that was already very obvious before this last game is even played. Those changes are already likely in the planning stages if for no other reason than the salary cap will demand them. I will add that the Browns likely have a lot more motivation to win this game than the Steelers do. It is likely they are about to go through another coaching overhaul and a loss would probably seal the deal for Shurmur and Co.
    I understand what you are saying, and most changes - the majority - were already in the works before this game is played. That being said, we would get a little higher draft pick, and sometimes that is the difference between getting a solid player vs. getting a perennial all pro player - a true difference maker. Also, word out of Cleveland is that they will be sitting a lot of their players for this game, and a complete house cleaning is going down Monday - entire coaching staff to be nuked. So much is going down on the Browns, that Vegas won't even give the game a line. I wondered why the line was OFF and now I know. It looks like Cleveland is going to just hand us a win though. And that is going to make our situation seem no where near as bad: 8-8 = a "non" losing season, and we won't be swept by the Browns, making the season more "digestible" but I don't want this pill to be any less jagged than possible; this team and coaching staff don't deserve anything but the most nauseating feeling as possible. They should literally want to throw up over this season. At least when Chuck Noll had bad seasons, it was from a lack of talent. This team doesn't have that excuse, losing to teams like the Browns, Titans, Chargers and Raiders. They should be embarrassed to be seen in public.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Sound familiar yet?
    Yes, I wanted them to lose in disgrace; I still never said for the players to give up. I just want them to be in as much disgrace as possible. There is no saving this season with a meaningless win. They have already disgraced themselves completely, regardless of this game. They should be publicly ridiculed at every chance. I hope Ben and Tomlin get booed without mercy, any time they show their faces in public.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yes, I wanted them to lose in disgrace; I still never said for the players to give up. I just want them to be in as much disgrace as possible. There is no saving this season with a meaningless win. They have already disgraced themselves completely, regardless of this game. They should be publicly ridiculed at every chance. I hope Ben and Tomlin get booed without mercy, any time they show their faces in public.
    Dude, you need to take a chill-pill. "Booed without mercy, any time they show their face in public"?? "Publicly ridiculed at every chance"??

Did they run your dog over without saying sorry? What gives anyone the right to treat people like that for not living up to your standards?

Personally, I'd shake their hands and wish them better success next season. After all, it's their jobs on the line, not mine. I'm guessing it means a bit more to them, somehow.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Cooper DeJean CB
    2. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Blake Fisher OT
    3. Mason McCormick OC
    4. Cedric Gray ILB
    6. Jaden Crumedy DT
    6. Tahj Washington WR