Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace out vs the Browns

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Never seen so many people so keen to throw away productive players- get rid of Wallace, get rid of Mendenhall, get rid of Foote, get rid of Woodley.

He 2nd guy in line is not always better than the guy on top of the pile.
    What would you do with Wallace?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hope you get better soon Mike and we'll see you next season!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What would you do with Wallace?
    Would have valued him more than Brown, for a start.

If what this board claims is true, and Wallace has not tried all year, what does that say of our other WR's that haven't been able to match his production?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Would have valued him more than Brown, for a start.

If what this board claims is true, and Wallace has not tried all year, what does that say of our other WR's that haven't been able to match his production?
    Other WRs may have less talent than MW, but do give better effort. I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level. Look at TO and Moss as examples. Moss has been a model citizen in SF but he was a dark cloud in MN (2nd time around), TN, Oak. Wallace can take his non-trying ways to some other team. He is easily replaceable because he doesn't bother to give full effort.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Never seen so many people so keen to throw away productive players- get rid of Wallace, get rid of Mendenhall, get rid of Foote, get rid of Woodley.

He 2nd guy in line is not always better than the guy on top of the pile.
    How true, Chadman. The "second man up" this year surely demonstrates this as well.
    I hope they are able to work a deal with him. He does have strengths that the others lack. That is what a "team" is all about.

Going to the Steelers-Browns game on Sunday and looking for a win!

Kindle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level.
    Yet, some people have said that it would be OK for us to go down against the Browns...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Other WRs may have less talent than MW, but do give better effort. I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level. Look at TO and Moss as examples. Moss has been a model citizen in SF but he was a dark cloud in MN (2nd time around), TN, Oak. Wallace can take his non-trying ways to some other team. He is easily replaceable because he doesn't bother to give full effort.
    Did you leave out Moss' years at NE on purpose because they didn't suit your argument?

Besides, it's an argument based purely on this board's speculation. There have been ZERO reports that Wallace has been a bad team mate. None.

Sad thing is, if he FO hadn't signed Brown to that tit-for-tat contract in the preseason, the Steelers would have kept Wallace. But because he baulked at signing, the FO said "we'll if you won't sign we'll get someone who will" and promptly overpaid a guy with a third of Wallace's career production, crossed their fingers, and hoped they could get something similar out of him. Guess that didn't work out so well.
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    How true, Chadman. The "second man up" this year surely demonstrates this as well.
    I hope they are able to work a deal with him. He does have strengths that the others lack. That is what a "team" is all about.

Going to the Steelers-Browns game on Sunday and looking for a win!

Kindle
    Hey Kindle.

Unfortunately, I suspect the Wallace ship has sailed. Now we have 3 identical WR's to bamboozle the opposition with.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Did you leave out Moss' years at NE on purpose because they didn't suit your argument?

Besides, it's an argument based purely on this board's speculation. There have been ZERO reports that Wallace has been a bad team mate. None.

Sad thing is, if he FO hadn't signed Brown to that tit-for-tat contract in the preseason, the Steelers would have kept Wallace. But because he baulked at signing, the FO said "we'll if you won't sign we'll get someone who will" and promptly overpaid a guy with a third of Wallace's career production, crossed their fingers, and hoped they could get something similar out of him. Guess that didn't work out so well.
    Really? What seemed to be the case more than anything is that Brown and Wallace struggle without the other. What did Wallace do when Brown was out?

What are the Steelers supposed to do? Brown deserved an extension. He has a sub par year after the injury. I would imagine Brown is going to bounce back pretty big next year.

What is Wallace really worth? What he can get and he knows he will get more somewhere else.

He also didn't go all out for this team this year, but that was a lot of guys on the Steelers.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yet, some people have said that it would be OK for us to go down against the Browns...
    We all know if we don't win a ring, it's not a successful season, period. If the loss to the Browns made us more likely to win a ring in the next few years, then, yes, I'd take it. I am shocked that some Steeler fans can't grasp that with the Steelers, it's a ring or a FAIL. I am all for events that make a ring more likely, even if it means some current unpleasantnesses.