Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace out vs the Browns

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Hey South of Pittsburgh, I live north of Pittsburgh and I'm with you on your post. Wallace had a bad season compared to his previous ones but he still is our best receiver. Same with Mendy, he is our best back that was set back with injuries and Tomlins dog house.
    Foote was one of the productive players, why would you let a player like him leave? Has Spense proven anything?
    As for Max Starks they better sign him or Ben will be on a stretcher before the bye.
    I'm not willing to trust Gilbert at LT until he can prove his ability to play the position. Starks is a proven vet and played well the last few years, he's still young enough to play another 4 years so I hope we keep him.

The reality is we have cap issues and someone has to go. Letting Max go will be a step backwards on offense but the Steelers are in charge not me so I hope they make the right decisions.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Never seen so many people so keen to throw away productive players- get rid of Wallace, get rid of Mendenhall, get rid of Foote, get rid of Woodley.

He 2nd guy in line is not always better than the guy on top of the pile.
    Truth. Amazing the amount of lasting vitriol that can be created by a hold-out.

I see this as an opportunity to sign players like Wallace and Mendenhall to reasonable salaries, if the market they are looking for isn't there. Those guys had down years, but still bring quality skill sets to the table which fill niches within this offense.

I'd welcome Wallace and Mendenhall back...if the price is right.

Those who advocate cutting Woodley or Foote are simply retarded.
    Last edited by Flasteel; 12-29-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Other WRs may have less talent than MW, but do give better effort. I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level. Look at TO and Moss as examples. Moss has been a model citizen in SF but he was a dark cloud in MN (2nd time around), TN, Oak. Wallace can take his non-trying ways to some other team. He is easily replaceable because he doesn't bother to give full effort.
    This from a guy that wants the Steelers to mail in the last game....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    This from a guy that wants the Steelers to mail in the last game....
    Straw man argument much? Please find where I said for them to lose on purpose. Not once did I ever assert such a thing; I merely listed the benefits of a loss; I never said for the players to not try. Get the difference? Are you able to grasp how each concept is a separate concept? Can you differentiate how each assertion differs from each other?

Legend

User Info Menu

.Yesterday, 12:24 PM #16 lloydroid

Yea screw pride. That was supposed to mean something when the games meant something. They were an embarrassment this year, so lose, and lose in disgrace, so some REAL changes will go down.
    Sound familiar?

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Truth. Amazing the amount of lasting vitriol that can be created by a hold-out.

I see this as an opportunity to sign players like Wallace and Mendenhall to reasonable salaries, if the market they are looking for isn't there. Those guys had down years, but still bring quality skill sets to the table which fill niches within this offense.

I'd welcome Wallace and Mendenhall back...if the price is right.

Those who advocate cutting Woodley or Foote are simply retarded.
    You want to welcome back players with horrid characters? Guys who don't even show up for work? Guys who just don't even give any effort on the field? You want them back? Talk about being retarded.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

.Yesterday, 12:24 PM #16 lloydroid

Yea screw pride. That was supposed to mean something when the games meant something. They were an embarrassment this year, so lose, and lose in disgrace, so some REAL changes will go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    Sound familiar?
    Aw hell! SH$% just got real!
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6892&dateline=1331316420 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1331316420</a>

Backup

User Info Menu

Mike Wallace does not want to play in Pittsburgh.. He hates the new offense, he hates not being the man, he hates the short pass game (that We all want Ben to adapt to) You can tell by his body language, You can tell by his interviews, you knew it when he held out last year. The Ridiculous money reported might have not been accurate but I do believe he asked for something he KNEW we would not pay.

Can we just let this guy walk away and stop pretending like He wants to be here. He doesn't We don't have the Money to keep him (he will make sure of it) This type of Guy obviously does not play well when he is disgruntled.. He will forever be Disgruntled in this offense. IT is not designed to match his strengths. Hell why would he stay?

Thanks for the Memories Mike, see you in Indy.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    You want to welcome back players with horrid characters? Guys who don't even show up for work? Guys who just don't even give any effort on the field? You want them back? Talk about being retarded.
    Why don't you leave it to the coaches and players to determine the caliber of their character. I'm inclined to believe that not a single one of them would share your myopic opinion. You sit in front of your TV and computer screen and attempt to make judgements on these men when you have nothing to go on but scraps of information that you process through your warped perceptions.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    Why don't you leave it to the coaches and players to determine the caliber of their character. I'm inclined to believe that not a single one of them would share your myopic opinion. You sit in front of your TV and computer screen and attempt to make judgements on these men when you have nothing to go on but scraps of information that you process through your warped perceptions.
    Yea, well, the only thing wrong with your argument is I HAVE BEEN PROVEN CORRECT in so many of my predictions. Sometimes you can't see the forest through the trees; just because you have a coaching position doesn't make you infallible. Not even close. Wallace is a piece of garbage. He is an immature, self-centered idiot. If you can't plainly see that, you lack any ability to perceive the obvious. I don't need coaches to tell me that. It is beyond obvious. It was our genius coaches who allowed Woodley to play at a fatso weight. Yea, they must be really diligent and brilliant. I have met with some of these coaches; many aren't much brighter than a bag of hammers.