Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace out vs the Browns

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Really? What seemed to be the case more than anything is that Brown and Wallace struggle without the other. What did Wallace do when Brown was out?

What are the Steelers supposed to do? Brown deserved an extension. He has a sub par year after the injury. I would imagine Brown is going to bounce back pretty big next year.

What is Wallace really worth? What he can get and he knows he will get more somewhere else.

He also didn't go all out for this team this year, but that was a lot of guys on the Steelers.
    Chadman probably unfairly takes out his frustration on Brown. He is a good player. But the Steelers currently have 3 sharp, agile possession receivers, and 1 deep threat. We are losing the deep threat. Chadman's point- they old have lost Brown and replaced him with Sanders or Cotchery. Who replaces Wallace?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Jackson Powers-Johnson OC
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    3. Marcus Rosemy-Jacksaint WR
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

All I am hoping for is some team gives him BIG MONEY and we get a 3rd for him
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    All I am hoping for is some team gives him BIG MONEY and we get a 3rd for him
    Dreading seeing him in a Patriots, 49ers or Ravens jumper though...
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Dreading seeing him in a Patriots, 49ers or Ravens jumper though...
    Really doubt the Ravens would sign him b/c they have Torey Smith.

BUT lets hope he becomes a cancer if he goes to the PATS. Brady would be up his butt!!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    Really doubt the Ravens would sign him b/c they have Torey Smith.

BUT lets hope he becomes a cancer if he goes to the PATS. Brady would be up his butt!!
    The Ravens tend to hate X-Steelers, so much, that they don't seem to even want them on their roster, with the exception of signing our X-QBs. I recall when Burress was a FA, and they went on record saying they didn't need him because they already had some really tall WR on the roster (who was a bum and never did anything.) I bet they consider Wallace soft and won't even consider him. Pats? I'm not convinced Belichick wouldn't consider him too much a douche to work with. I could see the Raiders going for him, maybe AZ. Skins. Maybe Cinci; they love our left overs. KC. Det. desperately needs another WR to pair with Megatron.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Chadman probably unfairly takes out his frustration on Brown. He is a good player. But the Steelers currently have 3 sharp, agile possession receivers, and 1 deep threat. We are losing the deep threat. Chadman's point- they old have lost Brown and replaced him with Sanders or Cotchery. Who replaces Wallace?
    Pats seem to do quite well without any deep threat, although they did have Moss for a few good seasons. And I suspect Pgh will draft some speedster who may or may not work out.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    The Ravens tend to hate X-Steelers, so much, that they don't seem to even want them on their roster, with the exception of signing our X-QBs. I recall when Burress was a FA, and they went on record saying they didn't need him because they already had some really tall WR on the roster (who was a bum and never did anything.) I bet they consider Wallace soft and won't even consider him. Pats? I'm not convinced Belichick wouldn't consider him too much a douche to work with. I could see the Raiders going for him, maybe AZ. Skins. Maybe Cinci; they love our left overs. KC. Det. desperately needs another WR to pair with Megatron.
    I think K.C. needs someone next to BOWE.
    If Al Davis was alive he would have been a RAIDER this year already

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

A draft pick replaces him. I favor Terrance Williams from Baylor.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    A draft pick replaces him. I favor Terrance Williams from Baylor.
    But there's the thing- now the Steelers need to use a high draft pick to replace him. If they lost Brown, a guy on the roster could do what he does.

Which other position do we not draft in order to now replace Wallace?

For the record, Chadman prefers Da'Rick Rogers out of Tenn.

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    2. Ruke Orhorhoro DT
    3. Khyree Jackson CB
    4. Jordan Travis QB
    6. Jordan Jefferson DT

Legend

User Info Menu

There have been many #1 WRs with far less speed than Brown and Sanders. They have plenty of speed to open up the field with or without Wally.

All 3 of these guys get a bit of a bad rap in all of this. Wally held out and we hold that against him. Brown got his contract and we hold that against him. And Sanders hasn't outproduced either and we hold that against him. It's an impossible standard.

In retrospect, WRs are a dime a dozen. Too bad we didn't give Brown's money to Keenan Lewis? And I think we might be better served giving Wally and/or Manny's money to Cortez eventually.

At the end of the day, Ben can make due with Cotch, Plax, and Paulson to start next season and we can probably outproduce this year's scoring.