Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 55

Thread: Mike Wallace out vs the Browns

  1. #11
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Never seen so many people so keen to throw away productive players- get rid of Wallace, get rid of Mendenhall, get rid of Foote, get rid of Woodley.

    He 2nd guy in line is not always better than the guy on top of the pile.
    What would you do with Wallace?

  2. #12
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,105
    Hope you get better soon Mike and we'll see you next season!

  3. #13
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    What would you do with Wallace?
    Would have valued him more than Brown, for a start.

    If what this board claims is true, and Wallace has not tried all year, what does that say of our other WR's that haven't been able to match his production?
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  4. #14
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Would have valued him more than Brown, for a start.

    If what this board claims is true, and Wallace has not tried all year, what does that say of our other WR's that haven't been able to match his production?
    Other WRs may have less talent than MW, but do give better effort. I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level. Look at TO and Moss as examples. Moss has been a model citizen in SF but he was a dark cloud in MN (2nd time around), TN, Oak. Wallace can take his non-trying ways to some other team. He is easily replaceable because he doesn't bother to give full effort.

  5. #15
    Backup kindlecatsb'ng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West of Clowns Town
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Never seen so many people so keen to throw away productive players- get rid of Wallace, get rid of Mendenhall, get rid of Foote, get rid of Woodley.

    He 2nd guy in line is not always better than the guy on top of the pile.
    How true, Chadman. The "second man up" this year surely demonstrates this as well.
    I hope they are able to work a deal with him. He does have strengths that the others lack. That is what a "team" is all about.

    Going to the Steelers-Browns game on Sunday and looking for a win!

    Kindle

  6. #16
    Hall of Famer Sugar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,105
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level.
    Yet, some people have said that it would be OK for us to go down against the Browns...

  7. #17
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Other WRs may have less talent than MW, but do give better effort. I NEVER find it acceptable for any player to not give his best effort; it ruins team chemistry regardless of talent level. Look at TO and Moss as examples. Moss has been a model citizen in SF but he was a dark cloud in MN (2nd time around), TN, Oak. Wallace can take his non-trying ways to some other team. He is easily replaceable because he doesn't bother to give full effort.
    Did you leave out Moss' years at NE on purpose because they didn't suit your argument?

    Besides, it's an argument based purely on this board's speculation. There have been ZERO reports that Wallace has been a bad team mate. None.

    Sad thing is, if he FO hadn't signed Brown to that tit-for-tat contract in the preseason, the Steelers would have kept Wallace. But because he baulked at signing, the FO said "we'll if you won't sign we'll get someone who will" and promptly overpaid a guy with a third of Wallace's career production, crossed their fingers, and hoped they could get something similar out of him. Guess that didn't work out so well.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  8. #18
    Legend
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    5,558
    Quote Originally Posted by kindlecatsb'ng View Post
    How true, Chadman. The "second man up" this year surely demonstrates this as well.
    I hope they are able to work a deal with him. He does have strengths that the others lack. That is what a "team" is all about.

    Going to the Steelers-Browns game on Sunday and looking for a win!

    Kindle
    Hey Kindle.

    Unfortunately, I suspect the Wallace ship has sailed. Now we have 3 identical WR's to bamboozle the opposition with.
    Schiavone's Race Career:

    Starts- 9
    Wins- 1
    2nd- 4
    3rd- 0
    Other- 4

    Prizemoney- $28,050.00


  9. #19
    Pro Bowler BigRob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Posts
    1,381
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Did you leave out Moss' years at NE on purpose because they didn't suit your argument?

    Besides, it's an argument based purely on this board's speculation. There have been ZERO reports that Wallace has been a bad team mate. None.

    Sad thing is, if he FO hadn't signed Brown to that tit-for-tat contract in the preseason, the Steelers would have kept Wallace. But because he baulked at signing, the FO said "we'll if you won't sign we'll get someone who will" and promptly overpaid a guy with a third of Wallace's career production, crossed their fingers, and hoped they could get something similar out of him. Guess that didn't work out so well.
    Really? What seemed to be the case more than anything is that Brown and Wallace struggle without the other. What did Wallace do when Brown was out?

    What are the Steelers supposed to do? Brown deserved an extension. He has a sub par year after the injury. I would imagine Brown is going to bounce back pretty big next year.

    What is Wallace really worth? What he can get and he knows he will get more somewhere else.

    He also didn't go all out for this team this year, but that was a lot of guys on the Steelers.

  10. #20
    Pro Bowler
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    2,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Yet, some people have said that it would be OK for us to go down against the Browns...
    We all know if we don't win a ring, it's not a successful season, period. If the loss to the Browns made us more likely to win a ring in the next few years, then, yes, I'd take it. I am shocked that some Steeler fans can't grasp that with the Steelers, it's a ring or a FAIL. I am all for events that make a ring more likely, even if it means some current unpleasantnesses.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •