Thread: Who Is The Steelers' Trainer?

Legend

User Info Menu

Who Is The Steelers' Trainer?

And does this guy have any idea what he's doing? All these injuries say no.

Legend

User Info Menu

Garrett Giemont is in his fifth season as conditioning coordinator for the Pittsburgh Steelers after being hired on January 31, 2007.

Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

is that Al Davis' long lost twin??

nfl_aldavis05_800.jpg

Legend

User Info Menu

Not what I expected. This guy appears to know what he's doing:
    [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garrett_Giemont[/url]

Interesting tidbits:

1. He was a ball boy.

2. He helped develop Sammy Sosa. Sosa = Steroids?

3. He followed Gruden to Tampa, then Tomlin to Pittsburgh. It's good that he was wanted, but why pick up your family for a lateral move so many times? Although, maybe he liked going to SuperBowls?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    is that Al Davis' long lost twin??

nfl_aldavis05_800.jpg
    I think RB found his pic on his dating website. Here's another where he looks a lot older.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was this guy

Rookie

User Info Menu

This guy should forfeit some of his 2012 salary. The Steelers did not get their money's worth, not even close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pittpete View Post
    I thought it was this guy
    Instead of Sweatin' to the Oldies, our defense simply consisted of oldies who were sweating.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Ruthless

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I know some guys who sell equipment to NFL teams (among college as well). And the main guy has stressed to me, over and over again, that NFL teams are obsessed with staying healthy, much more so than working out for advanced performance, as they should be. My question is: Do the Steelers put as much concern for limiting injuries as they do on working out? I don't know the answer, but it is possible that the Steelers do not "worry" as much about injuries, making the players do work outs that _could_ risk more injuries.

How do I mean that? I am not saying they throw caution to the wind, and make these guys do work outs that create injuries. That would be moronic and I am sure they don't do that. However, that being said, If they had the fellas do lots of things like full blow squats, etc. that could enhance the probability of injuries. Some trainers and coaches will tell you that there is so much stress on the legs, by just playing and practicing to begin with, that further stress added to the legs, hammies, knees, ankles by doing free weight movements increases the chances of injury while running around out there. Do they have a point? I am not sure, but it's possible. And I have witnessed a team end up with less injuries when they went to a "no heavy free weight" routine. Coincidence? possibly. But if the Steelers are making the players lift heavy with squats, dead lifts, etc. it is possible that their routines put players at more of an injury risk. I have not been at their new workout facility but have been to their old one, and it was pretty "heavy free weight" oriented. If they are making the players lift heavy throughout the season, it is possible that this is partly at fault.